Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

lee hughes...

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Good im glad he got 6 years. He was clearly guilty.

Whoever hid him away for 36 hours should get done as well.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Marshy said:

Whoever hid him away for 36 hours should get done as well.

Marshy, if a mate of yours turned up at your house late and pissed, even if he was stressed out would you automatically assume he'd just killed somebody and f*cked off, and get the Old Bill in just in case?

I agree with you if they knew what he'd done, but how the hell can we know that?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Herne Hill Seagull said:
Marshy, if a mate of yours turned up at your house late and pissed, even if he was stressed out would you automatically assume he'd just killed somebody and f*cked off, and get the Old Bill in just in case?

I agree with you if they knew what he'd done, but how the hell can we know that?

Come on, if a mate of yours turned up pissed, out of the blue and wanted to stay for a couple of days, i think you might have asked a few questions....

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
It has happened to me before. The bloke had split up with his girlfriend and left the house, gone out and got pissed to drown his sorrows and needed somewhere to kip. He was in a right state when he got to mine - I didn't see it as a reason to call the police.

What would you do in those circumstances? Make him fill in a questionnaire when utterly shitfaced? (How many have you had? Have you been driving? Have you killed anyone and not told me about it?)

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
i am pleased he got a custodial sentence however how can they jail him and not give that asylum seeker who knocked down the local boy no jail sentence

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Don't prisoners automatically get let out after half their sentence? Or is that only if the sentence is under 4 years? What about time off for good behaviour? I think the odds of him spending the full 6 years inside is remote.

1230924.jpg

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
guess strangeways may score a few goals this season !!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Unless he messes about he most certainly won't serve six years. He's more likely to do four if he keeps his nose clean.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
No doubt the players will be wearing some sort of support message t-shirts under their kit on saturday just in case they score....

caz99 said:
i am pleased he got a custodial sentence however how can they jail him and not give that asylum seeker who knocked down the local boy no jail sentence

Do you really know the details of either case well enough to make anything other than this trite comment? Shame that you can't see that intolerance towards immigrants is as fuckwitted as the homophobic attitutes you rightly decry on other threads.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
caz99 said:

Because the asylum seeker shouldn't have been driving but he was not drunk and the kid ran across a dual carriageway in front of him. I don't think the two cases are in any way comparable.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Rangdo said:
Because the asylum seeker shouldn't have been driving but he was not drunk and the kid ran across a dual carriageway in front of him. I don't think the two cases are in any way comparable.
They're not at all comparable. The driver in Ferring was not charged with the same offence, due to lack of evidence. He was
found guilty of motoring offences and sentenced accordingly.

Lee Hughes has been charged and found guilty of causing death and been sentenced, presumably in line with sentencing recommendations.

London Irish said:
Do you really know the details of either case well enough to make anything other than this trite comment? Shame that you can't see that intolerance towards immigrants is as fuckwitted as the homophobic attitutes you rightly decry on other threads.

Not too much difference in the cases. Both left the scene of an accident leaving somebody to die! Nine months in the local case was excedingly lenient, especially as the driver who killed had no license or insurance. Another example of judges being inconsistent. Hughes got what he deserved, but the driver in the Worthing case got off lightly.

Last edited:

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
the other case should have got way way longer than 9 months by the sounds of it. don't understand the judge's decision there.

however, the fact that they are an immigrant is completely irrelevant.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here