Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ledley King

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Ive been saying it for months only to get shot down in flames.

Everyone seems to agree Ferdinand should go yet he has played half the games King has this season.

King has proved he can play 3 games in a short period of time now, there is no reason why he is anymore a risk than anyone gtting on the plane.

Capello will pick him, its nailed on, and Dawson will go too i have no doubts

Anyone who thinks he isnt now going is just not thinking straight.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
To propose a totally mad idea, is it possible that Capello won't take Terry?

I'm not saying it's likely to happen but I don't think it's as totally mad an idea as it would have been three months ago.
True, but this i so unlikely really. Terry has suffered a loss in form, but he's still a regular part of what will be a title winning defence. Certainly worth his squad place, not sure about a starting spot. King has to go though, and I've maintained this, despite his injury problems.

Of Capello's regular picks, I'd like to see him omit Heskey first. Heskey has always done well for England IMO, but it's no good if he's not been playing for his club, and it's not as if Bent, Cole or Zamora (please!) couldn't do that job anyway.

And whilst I can't see Steven Gerrard being dropped from the squad, I'd be quite happy if he was no longer an automatic selection for a starting spot.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
My new crusade is 1 up front Rooney with Gerrard behind him.

Giving us the opportunity to play Milner and Lennon in wide areas.

Its the only way we will beat the top sides.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Ive been saying it for months only to get shot down in flames.

Everyone seems to agree Ferdinand should go yet he has played half the games King has this season.

King has proved he can play 3 games in a short period of time now, there is no reason why he is anymore a risk than anyone gtting on the plane.

Capello will pick him, its nailed on, and Dawson will go too i have no doubts

Anyone who thinks he isnt now going is just not thinking straight.

Me too mofo.... me too!

King and Dawson will start next england game I reckon

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Are you saying that Chelsea are a 1 man team then? It seems like it, are Chelsea not capable of winning the League & Cup if Terry doesn't play well?

Nope - but Chelsea have the second best defense in the country, and a lot of that is down to their captain in the heart of the backline.

If he was actually having a 'mare of a season (as stated above), he'd have been dropped and Chelsea would have lost more points and therefore not be in the position they are in.

If, however, the definition of 'mare of a season' is 'been in the papers for half of it, had his every move scrutinised, wrongly slept with a teammates partner and got a couple of red cards' then yes, he's had a 'mare of a season.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
England team vs USA:

1. Robinson
2. Johnson, G
3. Cole, A
4. Dawson
5. King
6. Carrick
7. Lennon
8. Rooney
9. Gerrard
10. Crouch
11. Defoe

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
No Spurs connection, otherwise - yes.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
A fit King is the best English centre back. The only problem is his fitness. Think Capello will take him and nurse him through the games, once out of the group aren't the games separated quite nicely meaning he can rest/get his knee drained? His recent form shows he doesn't need to train that much if at all.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Prior to last night I have always said that players not fully fit should not be considered for England - we have had painful lessons in the past taking marginally fit players. However, I do now think King should go ... if he can play 2 games in a week, then there should be no problem.

For my money he is a far better defender than Terry, I would put him up there with Rio when he's fit. Terry does bring other things to a team, so I can't see him being left behind. If Woodgate, King and Rio were all fully fit, Terry wouldn't get a look in. Dawson has done enough to go too, for me.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
I agree with WW.

Terry has played 50 games for a club on the brink of winning the Double. He has captained Chelsea under Ranieri, Mourinho, Scolari, Grant and Ancelloti. He has played for England 58 times under Sven Goran Erikkson, Steve McClaren and Fabio Capello. Up until 'bonkgate' he had been flawless thus season. He is also two footed.

That is a hell of a lot of high calibre managers who seem to rate him. Anyone who thinks he shouldn't star for England because King and Dawson have had their first decent season forever is either deluded or so anti John Terry that it clouds all sane judgement.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here