Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ledley King

MikeySmall

Jul 7, 2003
BRIGHTON
I wouldnt use the word mug but i also think Dawson is better than King, there both outstanding and both deserve to go to the world cup after the season they have had.

King is far better than Dawson. He has also played 20 games this season which i believe is more than Ferdinand. He was brilliant tonight.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
He's a crock who wouldn't be able to play in all the games ...

He's a crock who's one of the best defenders in the world. Even if he doesn't start (and personally I wouldn't start him), you couldn't wish for a better sub.

Dawson's quality, but he's basically in the Terry mould; King's incredibly quick, hardly ever gives away a foul and is better with the ball than most midfielders and strikers.

andywhing4england

Jan 19, 2009
I'd give King the nod but if i was Jagielka and my place in the squad was taken by a man who has a chronic knee injury and can't train i would be pretty pissed off. its a difficult choice but he should go on the fact he's good enough. Dawson on the other hand, no, not international material despite his sudden rise in popularity especially on this message board.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
He's a crock who wouldn't be able to play in all the games ...QUOTE]

He's a crock who's one of the best defenders in the world. Even if he doesn't start (and personally I wouldn't start him), you couldn't wish for a better sub.

Dawson's quality, but he's basically in the Terry mould; King's incredibly quick, hardly ever gives away a foul and is better with the ball than most midfielders and strikers.

I don't buy this King crap.

Is he proven Internationally? Nah.
Is he proven in Europe? Nah.

Best in the world after Spurs finally have a good season? Nah.

Decent defender when fit - yes. But i'll stick with Terry and Ferdinand thanks, just because they are players that England fans like to hate, doesn't mean they aren't two of the best defenders in the world.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004

Decent defender when fit - yes. But i'll stick with Terry and Ferdinand thanks, just because they are players that England fans like to hate, doesn't mean they aren't two of the best defenders in the world.

Proven's over-rated.

Terry's "proven", but he's had a 'mare of a season and I'd rather have someone who's got twice the ability, even if he's been restricted in chances to prove it.

MikeySmall

Jul 7, 2003
BRIGHTON

His postionning is very good, he wins nearly every header he goes up for and considering his knees are f***ed he covers his ground extremely quickly. I bet he is a nightmare to play against

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Proven's over-rated.

Terry's "proven", but he's had a 'mare of a season and I'd rather have someone who's got twice the ability, even if he's been restricted in chances to prove it.

Yeah, what a 'mare of a season it's been, captaining his team to the FA Cup final, the Quarter finals of the Champions League and the top of the Premiership.

:facepalm:

HalfTimeOrange

Dec 29, 2009
Worthing
Terry & Ferdinand will almost definitely be our central defence partnership, but King has shown recently that he is a good player and to me he warrants a place on the bench as I can see him being useful throughout the tournament.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Dawson over King anyday.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I guess we need a few England squad polls on here soon done by position. Anyone care to take the mantle...

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
If the 3 games he's played this last week or so, means he is fit enough to play every game at the World Cup, then YES, on ability (and form) he must go. Trouble I simply don't believe he can remain fit for every game.

Having said that, I don't believe Rio is fit enough either. We may end up with Rio and King going and playing alternate games!!!

:eek:

nikosdabi4

Jan 23, 2010
Bodmin, Cornwall
king has been englands best centre half since adams!! if he didnt have the injury problems i would have to say that he could have done what JT has done for england (and thats not shag all the players wives haha) skipper with a skip full of caps to go with it!

The Modfather

Dec 13, 2009
Ibiza to the Norfolk Broads
on current form King and Dawson are the nest two centre backs we have, and both should be on the plane.

Terry will definately be start each game despite have a very poor season. Chelsea may do the double this season, but I would suggest it is the performances of Lampard, Drogba, & Malouda, and certainly not Terry that have got them where they are.

Of course King's fitness is a concern, but then so is Ferdinand's, and I do not see any posts suggesting he should be left out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here