Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leaving before the final whistle...

Zamoracomehome

Apr 12, 2010
Hove
Never been a fan. In fact, never done it.

But today I was up at 3am to start work at 5am in London...finished at 1 and just wanted to get home after the game today.

Parked at Mill Road and have always had to wait a total of 45mins-1hour from stadium to car. Today, I left in the 91st minute and ran...I was home in Chichester by 6pm.

Now I understand why people do it! As bad as it is.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I've always understood the reasoning behind people making a dash before the end of the game during a midweek game. Can make a world of difference to the time you get home

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Welcome to the club.

I thought the J.L.E.s did well today.

Some of the more experienced J.L.E.s were off and running at 84 minutes. There was a big surge on 86 minutes, respect to you if you were one of them. I was pleased to see so many blue seats on 89 minutes probably a runner up to the legendry Palace walk out (There were a lot of J.C.L. J.L.E.s that night.). I also started my run on 91 minutes today and glad I did or I wouldn't have got that 5.26 train to Brighton.

Now sing with me to the tune of 'Let it Be':

J.L.E.s, J.L.Es
J.L.E.s, J.L.Es
Leaving when we want to!
J.L.Es

sharpey38

Aug 4, 2011
Denton
It is a tad embarrassing but understand people's reasoning, maybe that will force the club into acting on the transport issues a bit sooner

bridge

Mar 16, 2011
Southern rail provided a good example of why people leave early with trains up the shit going to eastbourne.

f***ing joke that company

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Never been a fan. In fact, never done it.

But today I was up at 3am to start work at 5am in London...finished at 1 and just wanted to get home after the game today.

Parked at Mill Road and have always had to wait a total of 45mins-1hour from stadium to car. Today, I left in the 91st minute and ran...I was home in Chichester by 6pm.

Now I understand why people do it! As bad as it is.

Have you not read or contributed to all the other threads on this?

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
I'm sad to say I have been one of the early leavers every game after the first two home games and having nightmare journeys back to Shoreham.

Today, I stuck it out to final whistle just to see if things had improved - just walked in the door - leaving five minutes early saves me a good hour sometimes even an hour and a half.

Enjoyed the game - some lads were trying to get Gus Poyet's blue and white army started in the East stand - we joined in but the rest of H block East had were not for singing at all.

This was the quietest for singing all season - we just don't seem to be able to sing loud anymore.

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
It is terrible to see, however perfectly understandable given the crap transport arrangements.

I did not think I would say this, but I now believe the club should not bother going for extra seats until they can get everyone away a lot quicker.

Add another 10,000 seats and people will be leaving at half-time!!!

Zamoracomehome

Apr 12, 2010
Hove
It is terrible to see, however perfectly understandable given the crap transport arrangements.

I did not think I would say this, but I now believe the club should not bother going for extra seats until they can get everyone away a lot quicker.

Add another 10,000 seats and people will be leaving at half-time!!!

Absolutely agree.

This is what I mean really. Usually I don't mind having to wait, with a few mates, or having a drink after. Today, I was on my own and just wanted to go home. I knew if I stayed to the end I'd wait an hour to get back to my car.

Worrying thing is...is there a solution? Really?

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
I have a six year old to drag on the train myself but today my hubby was with us - he says he's not surprised we leave early especially as its cold waiting in a queue for the third train to come with a six year old needing a wee and freezing cold - great result though x

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
I left early and don't really care what anyone thinks about it. Had a choice of leaving at the start of injury time and get straight on a bus or leave at the final whistle and wait up to an hour in the cold. I pay my money so can go when i like.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
This happens at every ground. My Aunt left before the final whistle and got on the first train back to Lewes. I left after the whistle but pretty swiftly, got the second train back, but would have liked to have clapped the players for a good victory. Unfortunately, when the trains cock up i.e. the Eastbourne train being cancelled, you can't blame people for getting out as early as possible.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Nobody did it against Doncaster, Yes I know it was a special occasion but treat every game as one !

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Why oh Why can't they load more than 1 bus at a time .. friggin absurd given the number of stewards they have

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Shit thread. Name me a stadium in the country that does not start emptying at around 85 mins...........If people want to go then so be it. Does not make them a bad person or bad fan. End of.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Nobody did it against Doncaster, Yes I know it was a special occasion but treat every game as one !

People did do it against Donny, though, admittedly not as many. To be fair the nightmare of the transport wasn't really known then either!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here