Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Least favourite Albion player ever

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
fatboy said:
Junior Lewis was the difference between winning the Division Two Championship and going up in second place.

He also allowed Chippy not to have to do the work of three players.

I think the Division Two Championship Trophy should be renamed the Junior Lewis Trophy.

I agree entirely Fatboy. Lewis did an awful lot more for us that a lot of people seem to recognise. We haven't yet replaced him in my view. A skillful attacking midfielder with good ability on the ball. Give me him over Charlie any day - and I mean that with no disrespect to Charlie's undoubted abilities.

:D

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Suprised that nobody has mentioned the Ex Everton and Ajax Gem Mark Farrington who the Seagull fans tried to get sent off against Bristol Rovers at Bath C ity's ground as we thought that it would be better us having 10 players than eleven with him.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
BensGrandad said:
Suprised that nobody has mentioned the Ex Everton and Ajax Gem Mark Farrington who the Seagull fans tried to get sent off against Bristol Rovers at Bath C ity's ground as we thought that it would be better us having 10 players than eleven with him.

Seagulls over Leicester did mention him. His biggest fault was that he was useless. Unlike Mickey Thomas who well and truely ripped this club off. He left Everton (as he was about to get thrown out) for £300,000. He came here and played a few games then went AWOL. We eventually sold the little shit to Stoke for £150,000.

Jul 5, 2003
London
the full harris said:
You are wrong!

What about the bicycle kick. I can't remember a better one scored for us in the 10 years I have been regularly watching.

That was the problem with Munday. He was a really shit defender / occasional midfielder who was about to be dropped but then scored an amazing goal which kept him in the side for another 30 games.

Having been through so many games watching that waste of good (and big) money bumbling around in an Albion shirt, I nominate Mullery's gambit teddy maybank. We all knew he was only played incessantly because Mullery had stuck his neck out on an expensive donkey - which culminated in him even dropping Ward !!
Unbelievable how he insisted on sticking with maybank and frustrating so many punters week after week. I'm sure the other players around him must've been soured by having to accept him on the same team and making good wages.

He was absolutely f***ing rubbish.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Blimey, so many.

Ashley Neal and Richard Tiltman are good calls. Jason Peake is redeemed slightly by the cracking goal he scored.

But I'd agree with NMH. Teddy Maybank did next to nothing AND led to Spider being dropped from the side. Wardy wasn't the same after that.

We also had another decent striker at the time, Malcolm Poskett, but Maybank kept him out of the side too.

I didn't like Steve Jacobs either...dirty bastard.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
NMH said:
Having been through so many games watching that waste of good (and big) money bumbling around in an Albion shirt, I nominate Mullery's gambit teddy maybank. We all knew he was only played incessantly because Mullery had stuck his neck out on an expensive donkey - which culminated in him even dropping Ward !!
Unbelievable how he insisted on sticking with maybank and frustrating so many punters week after week. I'm sure the other players around him must've been soured by having to accept him on the same team and making good wages.

He was absolutely f***ing rubbish.

Yes, Maybank is a good call here. He scored on his debut and did bugger all after that. He cost us £200k but his signing also led to Spider's exclusion and departure breaking up the legendary striking partnership.

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
I agree with NMH. I stopped going to The Albion for ages 'cos I couldn't stand watching Teddy Maybank doing his Frank Spencer minus the raincoat impersonations, whilst Wardie was lucky to get a place on the bench. £238,000?!! Not exactly astute, was it!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here