Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Least favourite Albion player ever

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
Dover said:
I never rated Junior Lewis, and I have seen him play for two teams!

I am going to disagree AGAIN.

I thought Junior Lewis did well when he came to us and gave us the final boost to win the second division.

I liked him as a player.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Richie Morris said:
..I stand by Daniel Webb.

For about 15 seconds until he falls on the floor.

Did I ever tell you the story about when I got Webb on the back of my shirt?

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Fair comment Richie. Krispies called him "Webbfoot," just loud enough for the circle around us to hear, and he fell over his own feet. The laghter was deafening.

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Fair comment Full Harris. It's funny how no other manager rates Lewis though. He and Peter Taylor have a good working relationship, and if Taylor moves, Lewis will not be that far behind.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
the full harris said:
why did you do that??!!

To see if all the letters fell off too.

The first time I went to Uni one of my mates was from Southend. We got talking about football and he said one of his mates was in the Southend team (we were 18 at the time) purely because his dad was manager, and that he was an arrogant twat.

It wasn't long after I left there that we signed him. And he wasn't wrong. Webb was useless and I didn't like him as a person either.

Last edited:

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Junior Lewis was the difference between winning the Division Two Championship and going up in second place.

He also allowed Chippy not to have to do the work of three players.

I think the Division Two Championship Trophy should be renamed the Junior Lewis Trophy.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
fatboy , you don't have a lot of luck getting players names on the back off your shirt :lol:

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
braders7 said:
fatboy , you don't have a lot of luck getting players names on the back off your shirt :lol:

?? :dunce:

Sonic

Spiky little bugger!
Jul 6, 2003
Patcham
oapdodge said:
Richard Tiltman

Ah yes. Thought somebody must beat me to it. Reason? He was shit! No further questions your honour.

Yoda

English & European
There's also Denny Mundee & Raphael Meade.

I know for a FACT that one of them smoked 40 a day when he was playing for us.
No-way for a professional footballer to act. :angry:

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
I'd really like to say Craig Maskell cos he was bobbins, but you lot will all shout at me and point out that his hat trick against Hartlepool probably kept us in the league.

So I shan't. I'll plump for Ashley Neal.

Ooh no, hang on a minute...

Jason Peake.

Final answer.

He was also the subject of two of the funniest chants ever by Rochdale fans: "Archer's bumming Peakey" and "Peakey is a nipple".

Yoda

English & European
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
I'd really like to say Craig Maskell cos he was bobbins, but you lot will all shout at me and point out that his hat trick against Hartlepool probably kept us in the league.

So I shan't. I'll plump for Ashley Neal.

Ooh no, hang on a minute...

Jason Peake.

Final answer.

He was also the subject of two of the funniest chants ever by Rochdale fans: "Archer's bumming Peakey" and "Peakey is a nipple".

I was going through some old programmes and was just about to put him on!:p

Stumpy Tim

Michael Mahoney-Johnson said he was too good to play for us, and then when he came on loan was appalling.

For Full-time Albion players I would say Mark Farrington, though I never like Codner either

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
well i liked denny mundee as a player though i am aware that he was unprofessional with the smoking and that.

I would agree though that Ashley Neale and, in particular, Jason Peake were absolute crap and in the case of Peake, expensive crap as well. If I remember rightly Peak only scored one goal for us which apparently was a blinder. I was at the game but was looking at the person next to me who I was talking to at the time and so missed it!! I turned back to literally see it hit the back of the net.

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
Rambo said:
I always thought Stuart Munday was a pile of crap.
Cue.....'Tell me why, I dont like Munday' in Boomtown Rat stylie.

You are wrong!

What about the bicycle kick. I can't remember a better one scored for us in the 10 years I have been regularly watching.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here