Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Least Attractive Away match next season

gjh1971

May 7, 2007
With all this talk of local derbies next year, there are also the places we would not choose to set foot in if the Albion were not playing there. Not looking forward to Barnsley, and Coventry's new ground is a soulless cavern. What places may you give a swerve to next season?

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
I'd probably have said Barnsley, but living in Sheffield next year it'll be right on my doorstep. Coventry, Middlesborough and Swansea for me, the first two simply due to the fact they are fairly soulless, half filled stadiums in shitty towns, and Swansea because it's feckin' miles and again is a bit of a dump.

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
f*** going to Middlesborough :lolol:

I remember going there for a cup game not all that long ago. Think McGhee was manager and it was the game Simon Morgan went off injured on a stretcher. Wouldn't go again.

EDIT: McGhee couldn't have been manager as Morgans last game was before he joined? Anyone remember this game?

Last edited:

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
The potential of going to MK away again is rather off putting. Middlesborough isn't very appealing and neither is the likes of Doncaster, Reading and a third trip in a row to St Mary's.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Never been to Middlesbrough, supposed to be a hell hole but at least they have a decent ground now. Burnley is fairly grim, but quite enjoyed my last trip there when we won. I have friends in Cov and know some decent pubs and curry houses, so no problem going there. So yep, it has to be Barnsley.

Oct 25, 2003
I remember going there for a cup game not all that long ago. Think McGhee was manager and it was the game Simon Morgan went off injured on a stretcher. Wouldn't go again.

EDIT: McGhee couldn't have been manager as Morgans last game was before he joined? Anyone remember this game?

it was simon rodger who was injured, but i THINK it may have been coppell as manager

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Smog city
It looks like a wasteland following a nuclear holocaust & i don't think i've ever seen that stadium full.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Strangly im looking forward to going to Middlesborough and Hull next season,not quite as far for me as well! been to barnsley and will not be going back to that dump!! apart from that Derby was a bit boring last time and doncaster doesnt really appeal!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here