Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Learn to Pay the Manchester United Way

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
The arsenal one was £45 quid for 2 days of 5 hours training per day so 10 hours of decent training in total & as long as I'm paying for him to train with the seagulls lot aswell then I don't see the problem as they are still getting the money I would have given them regardless of whether he did the arsenal soccer school or not.... Wouldn't pay them manc prices though.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
This yet again highlights how c untish they are.

It also provides me with the best retort when I get told I ought to support the English team in Europe - it's a 2 way street, this support thing. Ask yourself - does Man U support Brighton in Sussex with their attempts at getting kiddies to follow their local team? No? then why should I offer my support to a team I hate more than Palace?

I hate Man U more than all you lot. ***

***with the exception of Common as Mook. I'd say we're equal :thumbsup:

Last edited:

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
What's even more disgusting is the fact it was being advertised in our local paper which has for years supported the Albion.

What bright spark at The Argus decided it what a good idea to accept this?

I know nothing can be done about it now, and I am not trying to ruin any kids dreams of going up to Old Trafford, but we can always email our displeasure to The Argus and Man Utd about it?

You can contact Man Utd here
Manchester United Soccer Schools Contact Details

Looks like we are not the only ones
Grimsby Town Forum - Play the Man Utd way!

Last edited:

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
As someone who has worked with AITC in the past, I always try to promote all things Albion.

However, my Worthing based kids team is involved in promoting a Chelsea training course later this year. When I questioned why we were doing this I was told that it was because they are going to help us with training our 'academy' boys. It turns out we started off asking AITC to get involved but they weren't interested. As one of our former coaches is now working with Chelsea's disability team, he spoke to their people who were more than happy to help.

Although this isn't quite the same as this commercial Man Utd thing, it's still disappointing.

What's even more disgusting is the fact it was being advertised in our local paper which has for years supported the Albion.

What bright spark at The Argus decided it what a good idea to accept this?

I know nothing can be done about it now, and I am not trying to ruin any kids dreams of going up to Old Trafford, but we can always email our displeasure to The Argus and Man Utd about it?

You can contact Man Utd here
Manchester United Soccer Schools Contact Details

Looks like we are not the only ones
Grimsby Town Forum - Play the Man Utd way!

I've saved the Argus the trouble of wring up a news item about this - taken straight from the Grimsby Telegraph (with half a dozen or so words changed).

Young Brighton players can learn to play the Manchester United way

MANCHESTER United's world famous soccer schools are heading to Brighton later this year to offer budding young footballers the chance to train with top coaches from Old Trafford.

For the first time ever, United's UEFA-qualified coaches will head to the south east coast for the two-day course at Deans Leisure Centre as part of a nationwide tour.

The two-day Player Development Course is open to all footballers, aged between six and 16 years old, and promises to challenge each player to 'Learn to Play the United Way'.

The course will take place between August 15-16, 2011 and United officials are looking forward to a first visit to Brighton.

Emma Savage, Head of Manchester United Soccer Schools, said: "Following an increase in demand for the Player Development Courses, we are really excited to be coming to Brighton, to offer coaching to children in the area.

"The two day courses offer youngsters so much more than just football training and to see children develop their confidence and aptitude is incredibly rewarding for everyone involved.

"Since 1999 we have built a programme of Soccer Schools that promote a lifelong passion for the game, which is why we have players returning year in, year out."

As well as developing skills with some of the best coaches in the UK, one lucky player from the Brighton course in 2011 will be invited to attend 'Champions Day', a celebration event for those young players that have excelled at the Player Development Courses around the UK.

The selected individual will get the opportunity to play on the pitch at Old Trafford and take part in an exclusive training day.

Attendees of the course will also be in with a chance of winning tickets to see a United match.

The course fee is £69.95 and includes expert training from UEFA qualified coaches from Manchester United Soccer Schools, use of state-of-the-art training equipment and a player diary to help monitor progress and ongoing development.

For more information on the courses in Brighton, visit: Manchester United Soccer Schools: Football Coaching Football Courses

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
As someone who has worked with AITC in the past, I always try to promote all things Albion.

However, my Worthing based kids team is involved in promoting a Chelsea training course later this year. When I questioned why we were doing this I was told that it was because they are going to help us with training our 'academy' boys. It turns out we started off asking AITC to get involved but they weren't interested. As one of our former coaches is now working with Chelsea's disability team, he spoke to their people who were more than happy to help.

Although this isn't quite the same as this commercial Man Utd thing, it's still disappointing.

My son starts an apprenticeship with AITC on the 15th June so hopefully it will be a very good experience.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
My son starts an apprenticeship with AITC on the 15th June so hopefully it will be a very good experience.

I was a volunteer coach for three years at soccer schools and the knowledge I picked up from working with some of the team has been really useful in coaching kids. I'm sure your son will enjoy it (and he'll get free Albion kit!).

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I was a volunteer coach for three years at soccer schools and the knowledge I picked up from working with some of the team has been really useful in coaching kids. I'm sure your son will enjoy it (and he'll get free Albion kit!).

Hopefully it is about time he applied himself and did something meaningful in his life as 18 now.

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Sad isn't it. I posted it on another thread (oddly about hayfever) but Arthur (aged 5) has done two half days of football camp this week at Buckingham Park, part of half term shenanigans. He loved it and what we loved even more is that he won the penalty shoot out against a head to toe attired Manure 5 year old. Aparently the Man U kid hit the upright and Arthur toe punted it into the bottom right corner. Rather proud Mum indeed.

Football winner.jpg

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Sad isn't it. I posted it on another thread (oddly about hayfever) but Arthur (aged 5) has done two half days of football camp this week at Buckingham Park, part of half term shenanigans. He loved it and what we loved even more is that he won the penalty shoot out against a head to toe Manure 5 year old. Aparently the Man U kid hit the upright and Arthur toe punted it into the bottom right corner. Rather pround Mum indeed.
View attachment 25055

Was that Pro-Soccer direct ?

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
Enjoyed the MUFC stadium tour - very interesting

They spent an awful lot of money on a stadium and museum, as well as buying players and trophies. So what?

Great to see the far more cheaply assembled and mainly home grown Barca team give them a footballing lesson.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
They spent an awful lot of money on a stadium and museum, as well as buying players and trophies. So what?

Great to see the far more cheaply assembled and mainly home grown Barca team give them a footballing lesson.

I have been there and Real Madrid and the Amstel Arena plus others, just interested as interested in football without really any agendas as such.

dexter

Apr 25, 2011
cheap at that price i reckon, just imagine you can pay just £70 and your son will be the next rooney , am i to old at 51 to have a go

dexter

Apr 25, 2011

yep what a spanish twat that messi is for sure

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here