Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leandro Trossard SIGNS ON A FOUR-YEAR DEAL

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I live in hope that Trossard is loving life here, knows he probably won’t be an automatic first choice at a top six club and has seen how things have panned out so far for Biss and Cucu. He has already said he wants game time assured if he does go hasn’t he?
People keep saying this and yet I'm just somewhat struggling to see exactly what Sterling, Pulisic, Sancho, Ronaldo etc. can do that he can't.

I was more hopeful for a new Trossard contract than I was with Alexis signing a new one. Still don't think it is impossible, but if I was his agent looking at Trossards performances, I'd say "you might not wanna do that".

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
People keep saying this and yet I'm just somewhat struggling to see exactly what Sterling, Pulisic, Sancho, Ronaldo etc. can do that he can't.

I was more hopeful for a new Trossard contract than I was with Alexis signing a new one. Still don't think it is impossible, but if I was his agent looking at Trossards performances, I'd say "you might not wanna do that".
But now he's got a manager that won't suddenly decide to play him in goal.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea

Well Sterling and Pulisic arn't going to do well if they are played as fullbacks lol

Trossard probably wouldn't start week in, week out at a top 6 side at the moment, as he is still a bit inconsistent but if he keeps scoring then he will be on the radar (he probably is already) for clubs such as Liverpool who need a refresh and a younger midfield.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
As a club we must be on a really difficult position. From what I understand the contract is on the table and has been for a while.

If it’s not signed before the transfer window opens and a considerable offer comes in, the board will have a serious decision to make before we potentially lose him in the summer for nothing.

Such an important player for us so I hope he commits long term, but I’m also hugely excited at the potential Sarmiento has when he’s given the opportunity.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Well Sterling and Pulisic arn't going to do well if they are played as fullbacks lol

Trossard probably wouldn't start week in, week out at a top 6 side at the moment, as he is still a bit inconsistent but if he keeps scoring then he will be on the radar (he probably is already) for clubs such as Liverpool who need a refresh and a younger midfield.
Good players can play in most positions. Trossard has been excellent when playing LWB, Sterling hasn't. Why? Main reason: Trossard is a better footballer than Sterling.

He is inconsistent yes but it kind of goes with the role. He's a lot more consistent now than 2 years ago and no more likely to have a bad run of games than anyone else really.

Trossard probably wouldn't start for City but other than that I think he'd get into most sides. Liverpool is unlikely though... as you say they need to refresh the team and decrease the average age a bit and Tross does not fit into that.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
As a club we must be on a really difficult position. From what I understand the contract is on the table and has been for a while.

If it’s not signed before the transfer window opens and a considerable offer comes in, the board will have a serious decision to make before we potentially lose him in the summer for nothing.

Such an important player for us so I hope he commits long term, but I’m also hugely excited at the potential Sarmiento has when he’s given the opportunity.
Option for another year so whatever happens he won't walk for free in the summer.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016

why woud we lose him in the summer for nothing? Why do people forget that there is a one year extention in his contract, which the club can activate to ensure that even if he goes, we will get money for him.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014

you couldn't have been objective yesterday, so who did you support? us or potter?

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
There are only six -- at a push, seven -- real clubs in England.
The rest of the pyramid are just NPC.
Ask any of the six. I'm proud and privileged merely to breathe the same air they do.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I live in hope that Trossard is loving life here, knows he probably won’t be an automatic first choice at a top six club and has seen how things have panned out so far for Biss and Cucu. He has already said he wants game time assured if he does go hasn’t he?
I’d also point him in the direction of someone like Mahrez and Grealish, no guarantees at a big club, especially ones that change manager semi-frequently.

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022
He has a year and half left on his contract. He is having a storming season so far. I would imagine, all the time he keeps this form up, he (well his agent) will decide it is better to wait until the summer than sign now as his value is only going up currently.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
why woud we lose him in the summer for nothing? Why do people forget that there is a one year extention in his contract, which the club can activate to ensure that even if he goes, we will get money for him.

Didn’t think Trossard’s contract had the option to extend. Good news. Think from the clubs point of view they would still like to see a commitment from him, if he’s made it clear he’s not going to stay beyond that period, then cashing in (when arguably in his best ever run of form) has to be a conundrum for the club.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
you couldn't have been objective yesterday, so who did you support? us or potter?
Going into it I wasn't sure how I was going to feel. My wishes for Brighton to win and Potter to do well sort of took each other out - I could just watch the game and appreciate the football. Unfortunately that particular part disappointed me a bit - after about a month of hype surrounding this game, I was hoping for 90 minutes of tension, battle and brilliance but instead the game felt pretty over very quickly and entirely over by half-time. Other than that I was just enjoying the football Brighton played. Felt a little sorry for GP but he'll get over it.

I want GP to do well, get some titles, improve young players and have them play great football. Preferably in just about any other club, but in Chelsea if he must. If they play Tottenham or something, I'm 100% hoping for a Chelsea win. But GP or no GP, I remain who I've always been... if Brentford or Brighton beat Chelsea I just find it hard not to smile at the pain the big 6-glory hunter fans are feeling.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I’d also point him in the direction of someone like Mahrez and Grealish, no guarantees at a big club, especially ones that change manager semi-frequently.
I'm sure both of them are crying themselves to sleep every night

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Good players can play in most positions. Trossard has been excellent when playing LWB, Sterling hasn't. Why? Main reason: Trossard is a better footballer than Sterling.

He is inconsistent yes but it kind of goes with the role. He's a lot more consistent now than 2 years ago and no more likely to have a bad run of games than anyone else really.

Trossard probably wouldn't start for City but other than that I think he'd get into most sides. Liverpool is unlikely though... as you say they need to refresh the team and decrease the average age a bit and Tross does not fit into that.
Leo a better footballer than Sterling ?
that’s worthy of a seperate discussion

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Option for another year so whatever happens he won't walk for free in the summer.
Yes that was what the numpties at Talksport were missing yesterday after the match. One of them said 'Why not wait for the summer? I'd prefer to pay nothing....'

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
… De Zerbi will have some players he'd like to recruit, so some others moving will provide space in the squad for the new talent.
Perhaps he’s got an Italian striker in mind - 🙂

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here