Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] League Managers 1987

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
It's included names that aren't on the original list (Colin Murphy, Frank Worthington).

ChatGPT is STOOPID.

Han Solo said:
I gave the newspaper image to ChatGPT and forced it to find out. Took a bit of "stop being shit, and tell me who's dead" before we got anywhere. And I haven't fact checked it so they may or may not be more or less alive than they appear.
  • Division 1: John Hollins, John Sillett, Arthur Cox, Brian Clough, Jim Smith, John Lyall.
  • Division 2: Graham Taylor, John Duncan, Billy Bremner, John Docherty, Ian Porterfield, Ron Saunders.
  • Division 3: Frank Burrows, Harry McNally, Kevin Randall, Ian Greaves, Noel Cantwell, John McGrath, Billy McEwan.
  • Division 4: Chris Turner, Frank Burrows, Colin Appleton, Billy Ayre, Ian Greaves, Noel Cantwell, Colin Murphy, Cyril Knowles, Frank Worthington.
Is this now a RIP thread and is it sanctioned?

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Thank you. For some reason I thought that restructuring happened in the 90’s when the Premier League was formed. I thought there was still 22 teams in div 1/PL when it started and Palace went down one year because they relegated extra teams. Must have happened sooner and my memory is distorted!

Was only 5 in 1987 so have no recollection - my football memories begin at Italia 90!

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Thank you. For some reason I thought that restructuring happened in the 90’s when the Premier League was formed. I thought there was still 22 teams in div 1/PL when it started and Palace went down one year because they relegated extra teams. Must have happened sooner and my memory is distorted!

Was only 5 in 1987 so have no recollection - my football memories begin at Italia 90!
Divison One was back to 22 teams for the 1991-92 season. It was halfway through that season that the Premier League was announced, to begin in 1992-93. There were still 22 teams for the 1994-95 season but at the end of that campaign four teams were relegated with just two promoted (one via the play-offs) resulting in 20 teams for the 1995-96 season (where we still are today).

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Divison One was back to 22 teams for the 1991-92 season. It was halfway through that season that the Premier League was announced, to begin in 1992-93. There were still 22 teams for the 1994-95 season but at the end of that campaign four teams were relegated with just two promoted (one via the play-offs) resulting in 20 teams for the 1995-96 season (where we still are today).
Thank you, glad I didn’t imagine it. And just checked, Palace did finish 4th from bottom that season so went down in the last relegation place! 😂😂😂

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
I met him on a Monday and my heart stood still,

Johnny
Ron
John
Ron
Ronnie
Ron
Johnny