Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] League Cup Round 2 draw

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Not so sure. 15k Max I reckon. I’m pretty certain our highest attendance for a League Cup game at the Amex is approximately 17k v Gillingham - which was our first mid-week fixture played there, so understandable. Most have been below 10k. Can’t see any reason why we’d sell this out tbh.

16,295 for Gillingham

17,090 for the 1-0 win over Premier League Sunderland.

What round was Sunderland?

Sunderland was the 2nd round. We had 21,897 for the defeat to Liverpool in the 3rd round.

Considering Crawley have been to some big teams in cup matches, I'm not sure this would be a pull for much beyond their usual home crowd. It's an early League Cup tie. If it was the 5th round of the FA Cup then maybe.

I'm going to estimate wildly and loosely and say a total crowd of 15,000.
I think 15,000 attendance including 2k Crawley would be a decent attendance for an early round League Cup game. It may get more if it captures the public imagination but I’d say that’s the less likely scenario tho I’d love it if it made it into the 20ks.

Crawley are on a crest of a wave, two wins out of two even after losing all their best players this summer. They run a lower league version of our data operation and they just found good replacements just like that, very impressive. Scott Lindsey is a very good manager destined for higher things, the bookies like him for the Preston NE vacancy.

I’m sure we’ll play our squad team it’s in between very tough games Arsenal and improving Man U but our squad players are very good, in Japan dare I say it they even outshone at times the main guys: something like

Rushworth
Hinshelwood Igor Samuels
Offiah Baleba Ayari Adingra
Cozier-Duberry Enciso
Sarmiento

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
How many tickets will we give Crawley do you think? (or must we) as Im sure they will bring thousands, took over 10k to Wembley so Im sure they wont have trouble selling tickets. As all games are televised then surely it will stay Tuesday 27th?
Daft question - who is televising them ? Website doesn't say and I'm out of the country for the match but would like to watch it.

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011
Daft question - who is televising them ? Website doesn't say and I'm out of the country for the match but would like to watch it.
Sky Sports +

The Lemming Stomper

Under the flag
Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
I went Tuesday night to their match with Swindon winning 4-2 courtesy of a Sky freebie...

Their second goal was a proper worldy and they played some good stuff albeit in patches....

Should be a good atmosphere as their fans seem pretty dialled-in and made plenty of noise...

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011
A view from the other side:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
A view from the other side:

'always hated those entitled seaweed fans'.

I smell palace.

Hometownglory

Jan 12, 2014
Palace was freezing cold start of January when no one has any money and it was priced as a Category A game. If I recall there was a train strike and we were already playing them twice in the league anyway.

What I’m saying is we have none of those factors for this game. Make it £20 an adult and kids for a tenner, give Crawley a large allocation and I think we’ll come close to a sell out
I agree. It would be great to have a real Sussex Derby feel about this game - without any trouble obviously.

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
Crawley would hopefully be able to sell out the larger 4.5k cup allocation..

I'd imagine we'll be able to sell out the lower tiers and open one of the upper tiers - do they normally open WSU or ESU first?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here