Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] League Cup Round 2 draw

mile oak

May 21, 2023
Watched Crawley’s matches on Sky Sports+ this season. Scott Lindsey has Crawley playing similar way we are used to the Albion playing ie passing out from the back etc. Looked good going forward while open in defence. It’ll be entertaining and won’t be 0-0 after 90 mins for sure.
Straight to pens to ET I believe (if level at 90)

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
A view from the other side:

Not quite sure as to why some of them view us as "entitled" ?

It was less than 30 years since we went cap in hand to them and begged to share their ground.

Hopefully we get a repeat score of 1992

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
I seem to remember the club and fans not being particularly upset about the
council's decision, if that is the case.
I say we should welcome our Sussex brothers - especially as I know a few supporters and get to a few games every year 😂, I will say that you get to keep your bottle caps at least.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Not this again the council wouldn’t let us use their ground not the football club
Either way they do seem to have a bit of a chip on their shoulders about us, for some reason, personally I've got nothing against them, like I've got nothing against Horsham or Eastbourne Borough, but one thing I am a fan of is their PRICES! £14 for league football last season was really good, ambled down as a neutral a few times

mile oak

May 21, 2023
Either way they do seem to have a bit of a chip on their shoulders about us, for some reason, personally I've got nothing against them, like I've got nothing against Horsham or Eastbourne Borough, but one thing I am a fan of is their PRICES! £14 for league football last season was really good, ambled down as a neutral a few times
If we don't reduce prices they may be in for a shock!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It'll just be a few gobshites.

That said, for most of them won't their 'first club' be, er, Palarse? ???

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
did you make it to Uckfield last season ?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Palace was freezing cold start of January when no one has any money and it was priced as a Category A game. If I recall there was a train strike and we were already playing them twice in the league anyway.

What I’m saying is we have none of those factors for this game. Make it £20 an adult and kids for a tenner, give Crawley a large allocation and I think we’ll come close to a sell out

Also that Palace cup game was not long after the first league match against them in PL where the scum had stormed the turnstiles, let off pyro and fireworks in the crowd and caused trouble. A lot of older folks and families with kids thought sod that for a game of soldiers and stayed away as well as the reasons you said above.

Still don't think we'll get more the 25k at most for the Crawley match.

Last edited:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Has the game been confirmed for tue or wed yet, the club website says tue but live score has it as 1 of 3 games on the wed?
Not seen confirmation yet. Sky are probably working out if they can label it the A23 derby without confusing the neutral.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Has the game been confirmed for tue or wed yet, the club website says tue but live score has it as 1 of 3 games on the wed?
Which is interesting because a day or so ago Live Score had it as a Tuesday game so maybe they are ahead of the game as it seems odd to arbitrarily move it. Or maybe they've made it up!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Why would Palace fans come down with Crawley? Palace fans live in Surrey, Crawley's full of Chelsea, always has been.
When I've found myself on Three Bridges Station platform on a Saturday heading to wherever Brighton are playing I've seen loads of fans of London Clubs getting on. In no way just Chelsea, plenty of Palace, Spurs and Arsenal (depending on who is playing on that particular day), Crawley is a real melting pot.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
The fact that they wouldn't let us play there back in Gillingham days, and some of their fans have a weird chip on their shoulders about us, considering how much we pay them for the use of their facilities.
Was the council that scuppered that, the club had no problem with Brighton ground sharing there.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
When I've found myself on Three Bridges Station platform on a Saturday heading to wherever Brighton are playing I've seen loads of fans of London Clubs getting on. In no way just Chelsea, plenty of Palace, Spurs and Arsenal (depending on who is playing on that particular day), Crawley is a real melting pot.
I have three relatives that live in and around Crawley. 2 support Chelsea and one Palace - none of them attend games.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Also that Palace cup game was not long after the first league match against them in PL where the scum had stormed the turnstiles, let off pyro and fireworks in the crowd and caused trouble. A lot of older folks and families with kids thought sod that for a game of soldiers and stayed away as well as the reasons you said above.

Still don't think we'll get more the 25k at most for the Crawley match.
Be lucky to get 18k

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here