Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

League Cup Final - Arsenal v Birmingham.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
How is that the biggest upset ever? I think Sky have lost the plot

I heard that too, I thought they were both Premier league teams.
It seems Sky are now only interested in the top 4 or 5 clubs.

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
I think we should remember how we felt when Kuipers and Virgo done the exact same thing at Luton. Even so Birmingham deserved that 100%.

Dandyman

In London village.
Played Birmingham - totally deserved and a nice two fingers up to the media's Arselicking.

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
As much as I have a dislike for Small Heath I will still admit they deserved that and hung around for the whole match. Arsenal had their chances as did Birmingham and in the end they look more of them then Arsenal did. A gift from Arsenal seals the victory and a well earned one for our neighbours. Fortunently for me I wont have to be anywhere near them as they gloat about this.

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
You know what I learned today?

1+1=2!

And that somehow Small heath can fill 40k seats

With all respect, how do you know of Eric Steele, unless you've been following the Albion since the late seventies, or you're a closet Manure geek?

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005

I cringed when the commenator announced that Birmingham had done so well to make this a contest, while the score was 1-1, and they should be proud of themselves as if he was just waiting for Arsenal to score the winner. Really is embarrassing

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Well done Birmingham. Thoroughly deserved. No complaints at all, it's painful to accept at the moment though. The psychological effect it'll have on the Arsenal players will be tough for the rest of the season.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Played Birmingham - totally deserved and a nice two fingers up to the media's Arselicking.

This!

I think they hype Arsenal up so they can try and fill the Emirates Library with brainwashed plastic fans

Either that or Wenger wants to make football a non contact sport so Arsenal Ladies can win something.

EVERY team can play good football at times not just the "big" four

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing

The bookies seem to think the same too.

As I said earlier, I had a tenner on Brum at 8's with around 25 mins to go.

The score was level, with all 22 on the pitch.

Would they be giving that price for Sheff Wed to beat Bmuff, at a neutral venue?

Bmuff & Weds occupy the comparitive positions.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
The bookies seem to think the same too.

As I said earlier, I had a tenner on Brum at 8's with around 25 mins to go.

The score was level, with all 22 on the pitch.

.Would they be giving that price for Sheff Wed to beat Bmuff, at a neutral venue?

Bmuff & Weds occupy the comparitive positions.
In the money then PR. (again)
You're right, stupid odds in a two horse race

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
f*** me, Merson now says why don't Arsenal just go and buy Gary Cahill and win the cup.
Like it's that simple! Bolton must be delighted.

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
In the money then PR. (again)
You're right, stupid odds in a two horse race

Are you trying to hook me again Slick? :thumbsup:

You know very well that it is indeed a 3 horse race,because of the draw, otherwise the price would have been around 4's.:moo:

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
This fb status from an Arsenal 'fan' I know just makes me want to cry, almost lost for words trying to explain to him why such ramblings are an absolute disgrace:

"Arsenal Football Club you are an absolute embaressment. Never have I been so annoyed and yet so unsurprised. Actually feel sick!"

So pleased brum won today, Wengers ongoing 'urgent' need for a decent centre half and goalkeeper has never been so well demonstrated as it was today. Delighted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here