Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

League Cup draw thread - Swindon away (merged)

D

Deleted member 22389

Banana skin. Swindon will be up for this one. They want payback for Virgo.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The last time we started a season away to Swindon, we ended up as league CHAMPIONS...

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Terrible draw. We won't take it seriously and they'll be good enough to beat us, so I expect us to go out. Plus nobody wants to go to Swindon, especially on a Tuesday night.

The only positive is that I think a home draw might have had an impact on the crowd for Michel's testimonial. If we're away on the first day of the league season too, there won't be an Amex fixture until August 25th, which should ensure everybody who can't wait to see the new-look Amex gets along to the Reading friendly.

I want to go to Swindon on a tuesday night...........I live there..

Any dates yet?

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I want to go round the Magic Roundabout again, and again, and again................... :mad:

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
wont be TV game, bigger sides with better draws than ours. We are not a big side just yet folks......

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
wont be TV game, bigger sides with better draws than ours. We are not a big side just yet folks......

What's bigger than watching Di Canio & Poyet going at it on the touchline?... Assuming Poyet is still here, you never know, someone might take him up on one of these jobs he keeps touting himself for soon!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Is it just me, or could they do with "regionalising" this a bit more, into 4 regions. 1st Round, never the most spectacular attendances, you'd think we could do with a bit more local rivalry, and away support. Just look at the amount of teams heading down to the South West never regions, and vice versa.

Bristol Rovers heading to Ipswich.
Palace going down to Exeter
Colchester travelling to Yeovil
Gillingham going down to Bristol City
Cardiff travelling to Northampton
Portsmouth off to Plymouth
Leicester to Torquay
and us travelling down to Swindon.

There has to be a better way.

Techno

Oct 23, 2006
West Midlands
Just said on Sky Sports News that the Football League will consider requests to move games to Saturday 11th or Sunday 12th August as there are no league games that weekend.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here