Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

League Cup draw thread - Swindon away (merged)

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Interesting Tie.

Could potentially be convicted drink drive killer Luke Mccormicks first competitive game back between the sticks !!

I doubt it, not unless Wes Foderingham gets injured between now and then.

I'm a bit "meh" about it, never liked going to Swindon as it's just an inexplicably crap town located in the middle of an otherwise glorious part of the English countryside.

BHA96

May 4, 2009
HH
now with that draw, I would physicly cry if we are away for the first league game on the 18th which would result in my first game being in sept :'(

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Being the first game of the season hopefully our performance will be a bit better than it usually is against lower league teams in the cup.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'm pleased for the Swindon inbreds, they'll possibly get a chance to say goodbye properly to Greer, as I think he was suspended the last time we played them at their place.Thye'll also be able to think up a witty little chant about what a sideways move it was for him.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Hopefully both clubs can agree to have the game on the weekend rather than mid-week.

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
I doubt it, not unless Wes Foderingham gets injured between now and then.

I'm a bit "meh" about it, never liked going to Swindon as it's just an inexplicably crap town located in the middle of an otherwise glorious part of the English countryside.

There is something about Swindon? Everything about the place is just?...Well, naff & bland. Plenty of other towns have the same feel, but as you say, for the area, Swindon seems misplaced.

As for that stupid roundabout system?!......

slinky

The Only Way Is Brighton
Jan 19, 2011
BN2
Is this allowed? Would make it a much more attractive fixture to go to.

sky sport have stated that the league have said clubs could apply to have the game moved to the weekend before. But this would have to be agreed with both clubs.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
There is something about Swindon? Everything about the place is just?...Well, naff & bland. Plenty of other towns have the same feel, but as you say, for the area, Swindon seems misplaced.

As for that stupid roundabout system?!......

Mate you dont have to be a rocket scientist to work out how to use a roundabout !!!! If you are finding it a bit difficult I suggest you park your car in the car park before the 'magic roundabout'

If thats to difficult drop me a PM and I will guide you when(if) you get here..

Swindon Magic Roundabout.jpg

It really is not that hard.....

Last edited:

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
sky sport have stated that the league have said clubs could apply to have the game moved to the weekend before. But this would have to be agreed with both clubs.

Well I hope we do this!

Gives us a whole week before the first league game of a hard season ( and of course means I can get to the match.. )

Hope Swindon haven't got a silly friendly arranged for that weekend...

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
What's bigger than watching Di Canio & Poyet going at it on the touchline?... Assuming Poyet is still here, you never know, someone might take him up on one of these jobs he keeps touting himself for soon!

lol, he will be at Glasgow Rangers v Queen of the South in August.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Great draw :selfish:

Only an hour and a half drive.....yay me :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here