Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

LDC's Website

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Here is the map showing where the pictures were taken from from the LDC website and the same view from www.local.live.com.

I have to say LDC have chosen to use a map that manages to blur out the fact that there is alot of buildings and roads around the site. - not that they actually bother to show where the actual site is!

Attachments

• ldcfalmer2.jpg
    ldcfalmer2.jpg
    364 KB · Views: 251
Last edited:

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Superseagull said:
Here is the map showing where the pictures were taken from from the LDC website and the same view from www.local.live.com.

I have to say LDC have chosen to use a map that manages to blur out the fact that there is alot of buildinds and roads around the site. - not that they actually bother to show where the actual site is!

Attachments

• ldcfalmer1.jpg
    ldcfalmer1.jpg
    330 KB · Views: 231

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Your cross isn't quite in the right place, superseagull. The track runs just below where you have marked it (you can see the start of it running at 45 degrees in the corner of the picture).

It's near enough, though, and clearly illustrates the point that the LDC pictures seem to be trying to portray the big brown field as the site, as they have failed to show the location on their map (which would have been easy enough, given the fact that they have drawn on a map and scanned it!).

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
These pics were all taken yesterday from various points along Village Way looking north west-ish. This is what the stadium will be partially hiding from view. And this is when the trees are in full foliage. You are going to see a lot more buildings during the winter. Thankfully, the Albion's plans have a row of evergreens to partially 'curtain' the stadium.

What they don't show is the lack of peace and quiet you get have to listen from where these pictures were taken. Very noisy. I can only guess the villagers a third of a mile away are now used to the racket.

Last edited:

Heffle Gull

JCL since 1979
Feb 5, 2004
Heathfield
wow it beeeutiful there, how could we even consider building a staduim?

:dunce:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
North of Village Way, south of Lewes Road. The stadium is just under the 'Hill' of Falmer Hill - the left hand of those two legends.

My pictures were taken from Village Way looking over the site towards Sussex University (to the north).

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I concur

What a beautiful site. How can we possibly look to desicrate it with a shabby stadium for a division 3 outfit?

Better still, why dont the council put a waste Transfer Station on that site.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
It should be noted that the West Stand will be where some of the Brighton University buildings currently are, and indeed directly underneath where they currently stand, as it'll be sunk into the side of the hill.

Heffle Gull

JCL since 1979
Feb 5, 2004
Heathfield

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Titanic said:
Ok... just to clarify this in my mind, can someone tell me exactly where the stadium fits on this map... and where they took their photo's from ?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v252/titanic1963/falmeraerial.jpg

My photos, and those on the LDC websitre were taken from the point marked by a cross in an earlier post in this thread. On your picture, it's along the track that starts from the B2123 marker on the right, about halfway along the first straight bit.

As TLO says, the stadium is to go in the L shaped field (it doesn't include the lighter green bit by the A27 road junction top right) just under the A27. It has the Falmer marker in the right hand corner.

Last edited:

Titanic said:
Ok... just to clarify this in my mind, can someone tell me exactly where the stadium fits on this map... and where they took their photo's from ?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v252/titanic1963/falmeraerial.jpg
Lewes District Council took their photos from a location within the City of Brighton & Hove.

I'd like to know when LDC were appointed official custodians of the amenities that are outside their area.

I thought the City Council was responsible for the public footpath in question. Surely it's up to them to decide whether the view from it is so precious that walkers need to be protected from it at all costs?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Lord Bracknell said:
Lewes District Council took their photos from a location within the City of Brighton & Hove.

I'd like to know when LDC were appointed official custodians of the amenities that are outside their area.

I thought the City Council was responsible for the public footpath in question. Surely it's up to them to decide whether the view from it is so precious that walkers need to be protected from it at all costs?
f***ing hell, they just get worse.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It doesn't help when LDC appear to be using a map of Middle Earth for their outrageous propaganda. I'm sure theyre all convinced they live in The Shire.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here