Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

LDC and Liberal Democrates screw up Newhaven

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
I have already posted this on another thread but anyway I just wanted to say not only do LDC and the Liberal Democrates:

1) ruin football clubs,

2) go to male prostitutes,

3) have a leader that has a drink problem,

they are now getting the finger pointed at them for screwing Newhaven town centre up.

I dont know if it is The Leader or Sussex express but one retailer has closed down their business and in the main Window there is a big poster which blames LDC for them having to close down their business.

It also mentions the money being wasted on fighting Falmer when the money could have been used to encourage more business in to the town.

LDC & Liberal Democrates f*** FF

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I think the pressure is just beginning to show.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Sadly they are in a mess big time.

Political future is sucking up to Torys.

However with Kennedy they actually had a way forward.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Can't see anything in the Leader but could nip into town and take a photo.

colinpants

IT CONSULTANT
Jan 24, 2005
The story was in the Sussex Express. The shop was Everybody loves a bargain, the shop owner was saying the council do nothing to encourage the regeneration of the town cenre, they spunked money on the one-way system with caused one massive traffic jam and over zealous private traffic wardens (another LDC idea) yet seem obsessed with persuing their own agenda (falmer).

I think they seem to have forgotten that they were elected to serve the people IMHO.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
colinpants said:
The story was in the Sussex Express. The shop was Everybody loves a bargain, the shop owner was saying the council do nothing to encourage the regeneration of the town cenre, they spunked money on the one-way system with caused one massive traffic jam and over zealous private traffic wardens (another LDC idea) yet seem obsessed with persuing their own agenda (falmer).

I think they seem to have forgotten that they were elected to serve the people IMHO.
that shop was really good, didnt know it had closed?

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
You've got to admit that Lewes DC are achieving their aims of delaying the stadium, draining money from the Albion and preventing the investment in players which would allow the Albion to stay in this division. In their own terms they are doing an excellent job. By the next council elections BHAFC could be bankrupt and in the bottom division.
Lewes DC are total ****s but sadly they are winning the war.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
mona said:
You've got to admit that Lewes DC are achieving their aims of delaying the stadium, draining money from the Albion and preventing the investment in players which would allow the Albion to stay in this division. In their own terms they are doing an excellent job. By the next council elections BHAFC could be bankrupt and in the bottom division.
Lewes DC are total ****s but sadly they are winning the war.

They've won battles but not the war. The war isn't over yet.

colinpants said:
over zealous private traffic wardens (another LDC idea)
Credit where it is due. Private traffic wardens are an East Sussex County Council idea. They control parking on the highway (which is controlled by ESCC) and also in off-street council car parks (which are controlled by Lewes DC).

At least it's a step towards an integrated transport system. Previously it was the police who enforced the ESCC regulations on highway parking (using police officers and traffic wardens employed by the police) and LDC who did car parks (using wardens employed by the council).

All parking revenue now goes towards funding local transport. Previously all fines just went to the government and off-street parking income (if any - a lot of car parks were free) just went into LDC's coffers to fund things like their anti-Falmer campaign.

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Lib Dems a f***ing joke of a party. All a bunch of xxxxx from Lloyd George onwards

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
It is. You may not see very clearly but Harbour Florists and Garden of Eden have added their comments (to the right of the main notice) agreeing with the sentiments expressed.

As much as I can't really stand the place, it is saddening to read that sign. All people are trying to do is make a living and make the best of their town, yet the local council look to be doing their upmost to hinder that - however Sainsbury's only seem to have to click their fingers to get planning permission for an extension.

Smacks of the stadium situation where the universities can bung up as many buildings as they like but all we get is opposition.

Cynical it may be, but I doubt any of LDC actually live in Newhaven so ultimately don't give a shit about the place. Perhaps they're waiting for Sainsbury's to sell EVERYTHING so they can knock down the town centre and turn it into one big centre for asylum seekers. :ohmy: :ohmy:

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Safeway said:

Cynical it may be, but I doubt any of LDC actually live in Newhaven so ultimately don't give a shit about the place.

My reading of the LDC web site shows that there are 5 wards in Newhaven, with (funnily enough) 5 councillors who live there - they are all Lib Dems.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here