Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Latest rumour about why we sold players (Sporting Options)

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
mtoto said:
Believe it or not, I know the chap in charge of the Sporting Options liquidation, though I won't be able to speak to him before Monday.

Due to Betfair stepping in to effectively take over SO's client debts, there's not necessarily a huge amount owing anyway, though there will be the basic costs attached to any company failure.

I was going to give him a call on Monday anyway on another issue, so I'll ask him if there's any comeback for the Albion, though I'd be amazed if there were.

Company law seems designed to keep as many people out of court as possible. Kevin Griffiths might seem an obvious case for an outfit with arrows on, but there's no sign of any prosecution at the moment..

Any update mtoto??!

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Having read these merged threads it seems to me to be being suggested that a loan is being called in, however I thought that all the directors loans had been turned into shares, so it seems to me that the only way this individual could generate any money out of the Albion is through a dividend or by selling his shares, neither of which would realise much in the way of hard cash. So I reckon this rumour is utter cack.

Last edited:

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
Cant be bothered to read the whole thread but I was under the impression that it was DK personally and not the club that was invloved in Sporting Options in which case the story is bollox

Paddy B said:
Cant be bothered to read the whole thread but I was under the impression that it was DK personally and not the club that was invloved in Sporting Options in which case the story is bollox
For anyone else who can't be bothered to read the whole thread ...

This more or less sums it up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here