Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

latest on bennett

Norfolk Mustard

Jan 15, 2011
Welcome d0mj4y. Yes interesting times indeed.

I've noticed Norwich have a distinct and sensible policy of acquiring their pick of the best up-and-coming talent and trying to bring them on...Surman, Simeon Jackson, Oli Johnson (although loaned back down the league), Holt and a certain Brighton purchase!

It has largely served you well and as a team in general, you have been a roaring success this season. Hats off to you guys!

Bennett is a very level-headed lad, ahead of his years, from what I can surmise and having transferred to us from Wolves when it was deemed his chances would be severely limited upon their promotion to the top flight, I could see him reflecting on how moving to Carrow Road might attract that very same problem IF you made it straight up to The Prem.

I don't presume to have ANY idea of his mindset or likely outlook on the matter, but would hazard a guess that he wouldn't be 'dazzled by the lights' too easily...will certainly be intriguing to see how this pans out but I know he does love it down here and he's working under a boss who is proving (and will continue to do so) very beneficial to his progress (right place / right time) and all that.

One thing is for sure, both the club itself and Gus will be desperate to hang on to him - and we are gladly in a much better position to do so from a financial / stadium point of view.

Well-written post!
A lot depends on what EB sees as 'normal'. If his underlying expectation is Premiership (Wolves) or Championship (possibly Norwich), then he is likely to want to return to normal asap. That could be possible next season with Brighton, but is his agent trying to engineer the move earlier just to be sure?
Norwich is a vibrant place to play football right now - but then so is Brighton by the look of it...

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Well-written post!
A lot depends on what EB sees as 'normal'. If his underlying expectation is Premiership (Wolves) or Championship (possibly Norwich), then he is likely to want to return to normal asap. That could be possible next season with Brighton, but is his agent trying to engineer the move earlier just to be sure?
Norwich is a vibrant place to play football right now - but then so is Brighton by the look of it...
Don't be daft, his agent is trying to make DOSH.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Just read a thread posted on a rumour site, that Bennett will hand in a transfer request in the next 24 hours...f*** I hope this is bullshit like most stories on them sites, just seeing it made me worry, as this is the only way he will leave.. I only read them to have a giggle at some of the crap people put, hope this is in that envelope.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Dosent this thread just show how deprived we have been over the last 20 years.When you have a team top of the league playing
great football why wouldnt you attract interest from teams from a higher level.

When we sold zamora he was the only player that other clubs were interested in.
At the moment we have half a dozen players thay may attract attention from other clubs

GET USED TO IT

IT MEANS WE DOING ALLRIGHT

Lurker

62 years and counting ...
Mar 8, 2010
West Midlands
Do Norwich really have the sort of dosh that is being talked about on here?
They might scrape together £1m, but anything over that? ... and surely TB wouldn't even sell EB's boots for that, let alone the feet that go inside them?

Are we all getting a bit paranoid here?

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
Exactly how do we stop clubs putting in offers for our players during the transfer window.

With regard to some of the other childish posts who seem to think there is a reservoir of players of EB calibre just waiting for GP to go and get them if EB is sold. There aren't, that's why he is worth a lot of money and why we want to hold on to him.

What planet (other than planet NSC) do some of you lot live on.

Sorry did you actually mean to quote me for this reply? Just so i know like?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Only one thing matters and that is whether the lad wants to stay or go.

Gus' confidence on the Argus Q&A suggests that he knows something of Bennett's disposition in that respect

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Only one thing matters and that is whether the lad wants to stay or go.

Gus' confidence on the Argus Q&A suggests that he knows something of Bennett's disposition in that respect

If we dont want to sell him it dosent matter what bennett wants that the point of a contract.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Dosent this thread just show how deprived we have been over the last 20 years.When you have a team top of the league playing
great football why wouldnt you attract interest from teams from a higher level.

When we sold zamora he was the only player that other clubs were interested in.
At the moment we have half a dozen players thay may attract attention from other clubs

Just read a thread posted on a rumour site, that Bennett will hand in a transfer request in the next 24 hours...f*** I hope this is bullshit like most stories on them sites, just seeing it made me worry, as this is the only way he will leave.. I only read them to have a giggle at some of the crap people put, hope this is in that envelope.

Maybe he might. But if he does, clippedgull might be right that TB & GP will speak to him and will change a clause to his contract that IF we don't make the Championship at end of season he can speak to which ever club wants him. WIN WIN to EB and BHA.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
If we dont want to sell him it dosent matter what bennett wants that the point of a contract.
those days are gone ! if the player wants to go these days they can just look at whats happened with darren bent

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
those days are gone ! if the player wants to go these days they can just look at whats happened with darren bent

A more pertinent example might be to look at Murray and how we reacted to his transfer requests. Unless a massive offer comes in for him I really can't see Bennett leaving before the summer(if he leaves at all).

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
Assuming Elliott doesnt go down the transfer request route, the only way that he can go is if TB gives in and given his reputation as a steely World Class Poker Player I cant see that happening. So it really is down to EB and no amount of speculation on here will change anything.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
A more pertinent example might be to look at Murray and how we reacted to his transfer requests. Unless a massive offer comes in for him I really can't see Bennett leaving before the summer(if he leaves at all).

Exactly don't forget that Muzza slapped in a transfer request around a year ago and hes still here

attachment.php

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
In general there is a natural ceiling on the price you can get for player from League 1.
I would hazerd a guess at about £1.5m

Their is also a natural ceiling on players from the Championship say about £4.

So if we have any notion to sell Bennett then it makes financial sense to do it from the Championship not now.

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea

Unless he's suddenly decided he hates Poyet I can't see him handing a request in - if he goes it'll all be done above board I'd imagine without any recriminations; a bit like the Crofty affair

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Just read a thread posted on a rumour site, that Bennett will hand in a transfer request in the next 24 hours...

i'm wondering if they have the Wednesday lottery numbers on this rumour site.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here