Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***LATEST NEWS***Palarse have a planning application for multi-million £ stadium

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
This is interesting, they have what looks like very nice plans but it brooks one question, how do the propose to build a stadium with a larger capacity than the Amex and yet for less than half the cost ? Even if the site is alongside the athletics stadium (which I doubt) or if it is Bromley Council give them the land for free (which definitely won't happen) I still don't get how they can do it.

FOOTSKI

Sep 30, 2010
Kent
I think let them have it, maybe when the costs get out of control (as they always do with stadiums) it will be the straw that broke the camels back. Maybe we could even help them do a M.K Dons style move........................ maybe Greece, they have the same control over money.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
This is interesting, they have what looks like very nice plans but it brooks one question, how do the propose to build a stadium with a larger capacity than the Amex and yet for less than half the cost ? Even if the site is alongside the athletics stadium (which I doubt) or if it is Bromley Council give them the land for free (which definitely won't happen) I still don't get how they can do it.

probably because they dont have to go through a ll the hoops and stuff we had to and presumably a lot of our costs was preparing the site.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
probably because they dont have to go through a ll the hoops and stuff we had to and presumably a lot of our costs was preparing the site.

Yes but no where near that much. What did Falmer (at 22000 capacity) cost ? In excess of £100 million wasn't it ? And yet their 25000 seater will cost £40 million ? Somebody is telling a few porkies here. I mean, if they're right then good luck to them but I have my doubts. I'd also be interested as to where this brownfield site is, perish the thought it's be New Addington which actually does have the space.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

It will be all the objections from various groups that will hold everything up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here