Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Late Kick Off

Zaha's 'exceptional talent', is like the Emperor's clothes in the story,in their fantastical qualities never existed, except in the minds of those who had been convinced to believe, and to pretend, that they existed.

(Except that he genuinely CAN run fast. that part is true).

He's good in the air too, I thought his falling swallow trick at Selhurst was excellent.

YiddoFox

Apr 25, 2012
Zaha's 'exceptional talent', is like the Emperor's clothes in the story,in their fantastical qualities never existed, except in the minds of those who had been convinced to believe, and to pretend, that they existed.

(Except that he genuinely CAN run fast. that part is true).

Hahahhaa you legend!

Talents

* He can run

* Really fast!!!!

* He can turn

* Really fast!!!!

But you can see his clothes :(

He's a fake... He's no emperor

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Yeah because you see him week in week out don't you!
Seen him three or four times this seaosn, I suppose those must have coincidentally been the games where his trillion pound talent didn't shine through.

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
I wouldn't big up Williams too much until you see how he goes after recovering from a broken leg. Some players are never the same after such an injury.

As for Zaha I cannot think why his valuation will have risen since the January transfer window. His level of play fell off drastically and he is prone to temper tantrums that lead to red cards - I should imagine that Palace may receive some offers below that previously made. If they don't accept then it will be interesting to see how he goes next season playing yet again in a pretty poor side - "second season syndrome " maybe ?

Williams was MOM in his return game so no worries there.

In regards to Wilf, you have prob seen him on the TV twice this year in the cup semi where he under performed (like the whole team). Hopefully your see the real Zaha at the Amex next season, if he shows up as he can then you will be eating your words!

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
Seen him three or four times this seaosn, I suppose those must have coincidentally been the games where his trillion pound talent didn't shine through.

So your saying he was poor at the Amex?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
When Zaha is sold, I'll bet ANY money the figure is undisclosed.

Palace fans will believe it was £7m + add-ons + sell-on clause
Wigan or Bolton fans will be told it was £1.5m + another £500k if he plays 40 Premiership games or more (because the manager isn't sure he's actually good enough)

I know which one I will believe.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Yeah because you see him week in week out don't you!

So it's just that, every time I do see him, he's utterly average by his own high standards, correct?

Seriously, without mucking about, he's clearly a very talented youngster, on about a par with Buckley and LuaLua.

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
When Zaha is sold, I'll bet ANY money the figure is undisclosed.

Palace fans will believe it was £7m + add-ons + sell-on clause
Wigan or Bolton fans will be told it was £1.5m + another £500k if he plays 40 Premiership games or more (because the manager isn't sure he's actually good enough)

I know which one I will want to believe.

EFA

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Hopefully your see the real Zaha at the Amex next season, if he shows up as he can then you will be eating your words!

We could say exactly the same about

Vicente
Buckley
LuaLua
Noone
Bridcutt
El Abd
and Greer.

LukeOwen

Jun 7, 2011
Hampshire
All i'm saying is that the gap of 9 points in my view is not a fair reflection. Without the cup run i'd say we would be around 4 or 5 points better off, we played a full reserve team in one League game (lose to Blackpool away) and rested a lot of key players in the lead up to the Man U and Cardiff games. I also think we have suffered more than our fair share of injuries this year when i compare to previous seasons.

Well that was silly dougie's fault. :lolol:

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
We could say exactly the same about

Vicente
Buckley
LuaLua
Noone
Bridcutt
El Abd
and Greer.

Er, i wasn't tryingto get into an argument about who's players can hurt the other, we have plenty, remember 27/09/11??? I was referring to the fact you all think Wilf is nothing more than average.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here