Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Late Kick Off

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Two decent players. Give me Williams and Zaha over them anyday though.

WHY AREN'T YOU HIGHER IN THE LEAGUE IF YOU HAVE SO MANY AMAZING PLAYERS?

EVERY team has injuries
EVERY team has "tough" runs of games etc
EVERY team has weak areas (lack of quality keeper, striker, etc)

These aren't valid excuses. Your team are 17th because that's EXACTLY how good they are (i.e. not very).

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

You'd seriously take Williams and Zaha over Bridcutt and VICENTE? Really?

If, between the two of them, they achieve half as much in their careers as Vicente alone, I'll be amazed.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Neither did yours.

You got him aged 14 or 15 from ASEC Mimosas on the Ivory Coast.

Shhh. Don't dispell the FABLED Academy myth.

Next you'll be saying that Victor Moses arrived as a refugee, was developed by Whitgift School, under the tutelage of Colin Pates, and was then introduced to the Palace Academy as a teenager, rather than being MAGICALLY 'produced' by the Palace Alchemists.

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

If, between the two of them, they achieve half as much in their careers as Vicente alone, I'll be amazed.

A quarter, more like; 1 UEFA Cup win and 10 International Caps for a top International team.

Don't see it happening, somehow.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Which player is attracting bids of around £6 million (and getting turned down)?

By that logic, I'm sure you will acknowledge that CMS is a SUPERB Championship striker, due to his price?

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011

EVERY team has injuries

These aren't valid excuses. Your team are 17th because that's EXACTLY how good they are (i.e. not very).

We are weak in 3 or 4 positions, very strong in others. Lets see how we go next year if these positions are filled with new, decent signings.

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011

I'm not talking about Vincente in his prime! He wouldn't be at your club if he was still at that level now would he! Be realistic boys...

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I sometimes wonder if ALL the Palace fans that come on here are actually Brighton fans doing ridiculously over the top joke Palace fan characters. Because, the things they say, I don't even.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Which player is attracting bids of around £6 million (and getting turned down)?

Have you SEEN these 'offers' in writing then, personally? It couldn't be that the truth is that Bolton offered THREE million, and all of the other hype is merely your end talking him up, for the next pay-day from Wigan?

Zaha = Emperor's New Clothes.

EVERY team has injuries

Mellotron you arse, we are being educated here into the Palace ideals, the ones where only they went on a cup run, only they suffered any injuries and how their academy produces talent out of thin air like Zaha who incidentally didn't learn his trade on the Ivory Coast untill he was 15, no sir, Palace made him.

Next they'll be telling us that they were the only club ever to pay their debts.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I sometimes wonder if ALL the Palace fans that come on here are actually Brighton fans doing ridiculously over the top joke Palace fan characters. Because, the things they say, I don't even.

That's certainly one explanation. The other is that they're purging a guilty inferiority complex.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Zaha = Emperor's New Clothes

Is he invisible?

Zaha's 'exceptional talent', is like the Emperor's clothes in the story,in their fantastical qualities never existed, except in the minds of those who had been convinced to believe, and to pretend, that they existed.

(Except that he genuinely CAN run fast. that part is true).

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011

u'vebeenamexed

Whateverhappenedto.......
Sep 23, 2011
Hove-By-The-Sea
I wouldn't big up Williams too much until you see how he goes after recovering from a broken leg. Some players are never the same after such an injury.

As for Zaha I cannot think why his valuation will have risen since the January transfer window. His level of play fell off drastically and he is prone to temper tantrums that lead to red cards - I should imagine that Palace may receive some offers below that previously made. If they don't accept then it will be interesting to see how he goes next season playing yet again in a pretty poor side - "second season syndrome " maybe ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here