Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Last Season after 11 games

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Norwich just don't look good enough. Relegation certainties IMHO.
Scummerhamptonians loads of endeavour at the weekend but they look squad weak.
Burnley......could be sucked into it
Watford....look p!sh. Relegation probables IMHO.
Arsetown Vanilla...look squad weak to me and if they lose Grealish and/or McGinn for a long period they will struggle. My bet for the third relegation spot.
West Am.....enigmatic but probably not that good.
Noocassel Untied.....improved a bit recently but likewise squad weak and lack class...

Interesting season

TNBA

TTF

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Arsetown Vanilla...look squad weak to me and if they lose Grealish and/or McGinn for a long period they will struggle. My bet for the third relegation spot.
Noocassel Untied.....improved a bit recently but likewise squad weak and lack class...

Interesting season

TNBA

TTF

A massive compliment to Sheffield Utd that you didn’t feel the need to mention them.

Personally I don’t think Palace will be top half for long either

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

Interesting season

TNBA

TTF

I'd still chuck Sheff Utd in the mix.

Watford I fancy will get out of it.

Still think we will be around it but think will always have an advantage so never too nervy

I'd go

Newcastle
Saints
Norwich

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I'd still chuck Sheff Utd in the mix.

Watford I fancy will get out of it.

Still think we will be around it but think will always have an advantage so never too nervy

I'd go

Newcastle
Saints
Norwich
Norwich v Watford will be interesting. Personally think Watford will stuff them.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Last season there were just about 3 teams worse than us , this season there are at least 6 , Saints , Norwich , Newcastle , Watford , Burnley , Villa will all finish below us , it's no longer a case of can we avoid relegation it's how high can we finish , obviously this is just my opinion and it could go tits up , but this is how i feel about this season and for the first time in this league we can upset a few of the more fancied teams , the players are now tuned in to what the manager wants and it's fantastic football to watch , yep we'll probably concede a few more this season but we're so much more potent the other end i reckon we'll win these high scoring games where as last season we would park the bus for the inevitable 1-0 loss.

If you're not happy watching Brighton And Hove Albion play now you never will be .

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Very happy with this season so far (who wouldn't be? - no need to answer that!), but let's not completely re-write history with regard to last year. At this point we had one point less, and a slightly worse GD. Yes, 1-0 wins where we had nicked the pots, it's true - but there was the feeling that it was a good side that could grind out results, even when not playing well. On the whole we were pretty content - there were a few moans (but not many) about the style, but many people remembered moaning about Mike Bailey's team and what happened then so kept stum. We weren't going to make that mistake again!

Out of interest, in terms of changes, only three players who started match 11 against Everton last season kept their places to start against Norwich on Saturday.

I would be more interested to see how many of those players were available to our previous manager.

Certainly Connolly and Alzate were.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Last season there were just about 3 teams worse than us , this season there are at least 6 , Saints , Norwich , Newcastle , Watford , Burnley , Villa will all finish below us , it's no longer a case of can we avoid relegation it's how high can we finish , obviously this is just my opinion and it could go tits up , but this is how i feel about this season and for the first time in this league we can upset a few of the more fancied teams , the players are now tuned in to what the manager wants and it's fantastic football to watch , yep we'll probably concede a few more this season but we're so much more potent the other end i reckon we'll win these high scoring games where as last season we would park the bus for the inevitable 1-0 loss.

If you're not happy watching Brighton And Hove Albion play now you never will be .

Excellent positivity. If we can pick up 4 points+ from the next 4 games, I’ll join you in the definitely not going down club

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Norwich v Watford will be interesting. Personally think Watford will stuff them.

That's often the case when 2 strugglers meet. The pressure seems to get to the home team more. It's already happened this season when Hudds beat Stoke in the championship.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
The difference between this season and last is that the players are now playing in a system and style they believe in. I think they felt somewhat humiliated with the defensive nature of our strategy last season. Now the shackles are removed. . .

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
The difference between this season and last is that the players are now playing in a system and style they believe in. I think they felt somewhat humiliated with the defensive nature of our strategy last season. Now the shackles are removed. . .
The irony is that the way to beat man u is to sit back and hit them on the break. Will be interesting to see how potter plays this one. As time and time again this tactic has worked including our wins over them the last 2 seasons.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Very happy with this season so far (who wouldn't be? - no need to answer that!), but let's not completely re-write history with regard to last year. At this point we had one point less, and a slightly worse GD. Yes, 1-0 wins where we had nicked the pots, it's true - but there was the feeling that it was a good side that could grind out results, even when not playing well. On the whole we were pretty content - there were a few moans (but not many) about the style, but many people remembered moaning about Mike Bailey's team and what happened then so kept stum. We weren't going to make that mistake again!

Out of interest, in terms of changes, only three players who started match 11 against Everton last season kept their places to start against Norwich on Saturday.

I see what you are saying, but you start by talking about last year, yet back it up, by talking of the first part of the season, and you are right in that there were relatively few moans. But after Xmas it was a totally different story so in that sense one might be justified to an extent in re-writing history.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I would be more interested to see how many of those players were available to our previous manager.

Certainly Connolly and Alzate were.

On Saturday we started with only two players who weren't with us last season. Also, Connolly and Alzate may not have been ready a year ago, to be fair to Hughton - and I seem to remember they both had injury issues last season too. Connolly certainly did.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
On Saturday we started with only two players who weren't with us last season. Also, Connolly and Alzate may not have been ready a year ago, to be fair to Hughton - and I seem to remember they both had injury issues last season too. Connolly certainly did.

Fair comment -neither would presumably have been ready, but of course there is always the nagging doubt that CH might regardless have preferred caution to risking speedy attacking players.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Very happy with this season so far (who wouldn't be? - no need to answer that!), but let's not completely re-write history with regard to last year. At this point we had one point less, and a slightly worse GD. Yes, 1-0 wins where we had nicked the pots, it's true - but there was the feeling that it was a good side that could grind out results, even when not playing well. On the whole we were pretty content - there were a few moans (but not many) about the style, but many people remembered moaning about Mike Bailey's team and what happened then so kept stum. We weren't going to make that mistake again!.

I see what you are saying, but you start by talking about last year, yet back it up, by talking of the first part of the season, and you are right in that there were relatively few moans. But after Xmas it was a totally different story so in that sense one might be justified to an extent in re-writing history.
Dear lord, I wish people would learn how not to f*** up using quotes!

Don't agree it's ever right to re-write history - although gawd knows enough of it goes on! This time last year most of us were pretty happy. After January, sure, it was different - things went wrong in a big way. Nobody denies that - but to say we weren't mostly fairly happy before it went per-shaped is just bolleaux!

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
The irony is that the way to beat man u is to sit back and hit them on the break. Will be interesting to see how potter plays this one. As time and time again this tactic has worked including our wins over them the last 2 seasons.

Fortunately, GPott isn't restricted to one mindset. He's prepared to adjust according to what is best on a case by case basis.

phoenix

May 18, 2009

Yes thinking about it he (Aaron Connolly) was only available for the last few weeks of last season for Luton .

I think it also goes to show how useful these loans are :thumbsup:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Fortunately, GPott isn't restricted to one mindset. He's prepared to adjust according to what is best on a case by case basis.
Well let's see .... No matter how well we played against city away he still went too attacking I feel , similar at Chelsea.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Dear lord, I wish people would learn how not to f*** up using quotes!

Don't agree it's ever right to re-write history - although gawd knows enough of it goes on! This time last year most of us were pretty happy. After January, sure, it was different - things went wrong in a big way. Nobody denies that - but to say we weren't mostly fairly happy before it went per-shaped is just bolleaux!

But who has said that? I certainly haven't! Read again the exchange! I said that you were talking about last year but it is only relevant to say that we were happy in the first half - I was thus partly agreeing with you! And then you come up with that arrogant bit in your first sentence, when you had actually misunderstood what you were reading.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Quite like this.....going back a bit further

27e2ff06fd461ce6ec6a819704fb5510.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here