Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Last Nights Win - Best Performance By A Brighton Team Ever?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Brighton Vs Sheffield Wednesday Highbury FA Cup Semi Final 1983, no argument, you had to be there. Jimmy Case's pile driver from 30 yards will live with me forever, nothing for me has come close (yet) than knowing my team would be playing in the FA Cup final when the final whistle went. It meant everything back then to reach Wembley, not so sure now, its a very different world.

Easily the best ever for me as well. You should be aware the FA Cup was the greatest club cup competition at that time.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Any that Wardy played in were superb. Please correct me if I'm wrong. He just created an atmosphere that was electric..

Wardy had you on your tippy toes or edge of seat every time he went near goal... his conversion rate must have been brilliant... statto's?

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Easily the best ever for me as well. You should be aware the FA Cup was the greatest club cup competition at that time.

This - plus Charlton away last year was the best, more recent performance for me....... I've got a feeling that this season could be real history in the making though with many "best games" to come and when we're old and gray we'll be saying "you should've seen the Gus Poyet teams of 2011, 12, 13, 14 etc - now they really were something!"

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Don't be STUPID, we have beaten TEAMS like Liverpool when they were EUROPEAN champions HOME and away. Beating a team like Cardiff doesn't COMPARE
Also we done the double over forest in there EUROPEAN CHAMPIONSHIP season:lolol:

Christ i would say charlton and peterborough away last season was better although a lower division.This game although superb would not make the top 30 or 40 best albion wins:)

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I rather enjoyed Wycombe 1-3 Brighton in August 1994!

I'm not even joking.........

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I've been watching regularly since 85 and I think that's the best I've seen us play.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I'm gutted I didn't go last night now. Some fans will slag me off for saying this, because according to NSC law it is the sign of a tinpot club, but I would love to buy the DVD!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Even Gus in his pre-Blackpool interview today doesn't think it was anything like our best performance.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I've seen Brighton beat Manchester United and City, Liverpool and Forest as European Champions - but the 1983 Semi Final does it for me.

Jimmy Case's shot was utter Brazil.

Dig it out on You Tube.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here