Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Last Nights Win - Best Performance By A Brighton Team Ever?

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Reflecting on the last nights game, got me thinking that last night was maybe the best I have ever seen Brighton play.

Knocking it around, dominating most of the game (apart from the 10 minutes before we scored), scoring 3 great goals and playing on a big stage

I thought Peterborough away was as good as it got, people say Charlton away was better (I didn’t go so cant say). Is Cardiff's better, just because of the calibre of opposition? Or is this all just a massive over reaction to a great night

How does last night compare to your best Brighton performance you've ever seen?

Ashley-Barnes-celebrates--007.jpg

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The Best Brighton & Hove Albion performance ever was in January 1983 when we beat Liverpool away in the 5th round of the FA Cup. I will let you off however Brett as you were 2 at the time.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Breaking Nottingham Forests 52 game unbeaten home record was the best result ever for me

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Don't be STUPID, we have beaten TEAMS like Liverpool when they were EUROPEAN champions HOME and away. Beating a team like Cardiff doesn't COMPARE

Breaking Nottingham Forests 52 game unbeaten home record was the best result ever for me

They are results, not performances (I wouldnt know about performance as I wasnt there for being too young)

Theres been loads of brilliant results, better results than yesterday. Palace away, Hereford away etc, I meant performance. The Forest game may have been a great performance but as I said I wouldnt know.

Last night gave me one of those feelings where I thought "hang on, we're actually quite good"

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Certainly the best i've ever seen, just (i'm 24 so will not have witnessed our "golden years").
We absolutely went to town on Cardiff. 3 in form strikers, a plethora of players in midfield (so many that I would be happy with our 2nd choice midfield 4!) and a rock solid back 5.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Last night's performance wasn't nearly as complete as the Peterborough one, IMHO there's a lot more to come.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
They are results, not performances (I wouldnt know about performance as I wasnt there for being too young)

Theres been loads of brilliant results, better results than yesterday. Palace away, Hereford away etc, I meant performance. The Forest game may have been a great performance but as I said I wouldnt know.

Last night gave me one of those feelings where I thought "hang on, we're actually quite good"

By your criteria Id make the first matchof the FA cup final as welll as the Liverpool because not only WERE we good, we were giving a top team a hard time as well. No matter how good we were last night you still cant compare to 79-83...... yet.

Could well be the best performance of the 21st century though.

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
No Liverpool away in the 5th Round of the FA Cup 1983 has to be up there, simply because of the opposition. Also many many games on our way to the top flight in 1978-79, we mudered alot of teams that season with Wardy and "Spider" Mellor up front, I get the feeling this team may well emulate those days, looks like I might get lucky and witness it all again :)

Reflecting on the last nights game, got me thinking that last night was maybe the best I have ever seen Brighton play.

Knocking it around, dominating most of the game (apart from the 10 minutes before we scored), scoring 3 great goals and playing on a big stage

I thought Peterborough away was as good as it got, people say Charlton away was better (I didn’t go so cant say). Is Cardiff's better, just because of the calibre of opposition? Or is this all just a massive over reaction to a great night

How does last night compare to your best Brighton performance you've ever seen?

Ashley-Barnes-celebrates--007.jpg

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
so what games would you rank as the best you've seen?

Think most have already been highlighted, didn't want to go over trodden ground. Although the season we didn't get promoted to the old Div 1 (the infamous Southampton-Tottenham conspiracy theory), there were so many excellent games it is hard to pick any out. So I'll just say all the home games in that season!

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
Brighton Vs Sheffield Wednesday Highbury FA Cup Semi Final 1983, no argument, you had to be there. Jimmy Case's pile driver from 30 yards will live with me forever, nothing for me has come close (yet) than knowing my team would be playing in the FA Cup final when the final whistle went. It meant everything back then to reach Wembley, not so sure now, its a very different world.

so what games would you rank as the best you've seen?

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
The 7-0 second half demoliton of Walsall & the victory at Anfield in the 5th round of the cup will always be the most memorable performances for me but this team are easily playing the best football since those days.

binary

Oct 4, 2004
South East Guildford
Millwall in the 91 play off semi at home was fantastic and Shewsbury away in Brian Horton's reign was quite special too. I accept the opposition might not have been as strong but those games come back to memory easily.

The fans United game v Hartlepool was a great performance from a shit team and I remember a cup game at Hull when we won 3-2 which was a great performance too under some intense pressure.

Tottenham away in the cup a few years ago was a great performance too.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I've been going since 1989 and Peterborough last year was the best performance for me. I didn't go last night though, was it really better than that?

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Beating the mighty Reds, 2-1 at Anfield when Phil Neal missed a pen to make it 2-2. Significant because he took the penalties for ever and missed about 2!
How anyone could mention last nights performance in the same breath as this and many others over the years need to buy some videos! (No disrespect meant to those who were just a twinkle ofc).
Does not detract from a great result and game.What about fan performances? Away to Newcastle at st James to get promotion, the atmosphere at the city ground when Wardy played against us, blimey we have had some crackers!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Best

v Liverpool 2-0 FA Cup 1984
v Chalrlton 7-0 (league 2 leaders) same era

but these gamnes were too easy

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I've been going since 1989 and Peterborough last year was the best performance for me. I didn't go last night though, was it really better than that?

1987 was my first game, same as you, thought Peterborough away was the best there was. I think last night did beat it, just because it was on a higher stage, with better calibre players, and the passing was great too. We got booed by the cardiff fans after about 15 minutes for keeping the ball for about 20 passes.
Peterborough always has the niggling doubt that it was against 10 men.

Beating the mighty Reds, 2-1 at Anfield when Phil Neal missed a pen to make it 2-2. Significant because he took the penalties for ever and missed about 2!
How anyone could mention last nights performance in the same breath as this and many others over the years need to buy some videos! (No disrespect meant to those who were just a twinkle ofc).
Does not detract from a great result and game.

I wish there were some videos, love the old stuff. Goldstone Rappers channel thing is great for that, but obviously they are just highlights.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here