Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

last game of the season memories

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
Rochdale 72 for me mate. awesome

ficklefrog

Mar 13, 2009
worthing
I confess to being a jcl but will always remember managing to stay up in 09 with mr.slade and my lad lost his phone in the pitch invasion. I will once again take this opportunity to say thankyou to whoever handed it in as I posted on here then but didnt know about stickies

Attachments

• 720001.jpg
    720001.jpg
    715.2 KB · Views: 534

glentana

glentana
Oct 6, 2010
hastings
What are your memories of last game of the season,my favourites are sheff utd 85 rochdale 72 and man utd 83 what are yours and why:smokin:
Newcastle away '79. Went to King's CC night before to see Jim Davidson and got home at 0130. Left for Newcastle at 0330, 5 up in a ford cortina. Needed to win to be certain of promotion. 0-3 up at half time and kept Sunderland down! Big pitch invasion at the end. Too Knackered to celebrate when we stopped off in Barnsley on way back.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
newcastle away 1979...long trip in a citroen with 5 in the car and bloody uncomfortable.

Port vale at the Goldstone when they went up and then when we did.

Stoke , gotsmanov's last game

Shrewsbury when we were seriously crap...."were shit and were champions". Huge punch up in town...we were only looking for a sandwich and all hell broke loose.

Oh yes, Huddersfield at Fulham in the early 90's I think it was. last game of the season , only needed a point to get into the playoffs, was 11 points clear at christmas to get into the Premiership and then lost to liverpool in the cup and it all went downhill. lost 3-0 and I have never been so depressed at a game of football like that one.

hastings

Jan 15, 2010
Suffolk
A few enjoyable last days for me in my 15 or so years.
Port Vale Away - Celebration Party.
If you count it - Play off Final.
Stockport at Home - To stay up.
Not so much - but Grimsby away. (relegated)

If i had to pick though, i would say Stockport at home. Kept us up and without it may not have been able to lure our GUS!!

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Random one but Bradford at home in about 95 when Brady was in charge and just before Archer and Belloti's plans became apparent. Stuart Munday scored a late winner followed by the customary pitch invasion. Probably the last untarnished positive atmosphere at the Goldstone. Little did we know.....

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Port Vale away celebrations - having said that I don't remember a huge amount about that afternoon, apparently there was some kind of football match in between getting pissed on the train and a pub by the ground.

Jan 30, 2008
port vale away celebrations - having said that i don't remember a huge amount about that afternoon, apparently there was some kind of football match in between getting pissed on the train and a pub by the ground.
and you still had people shouting "sit down "to the crazy crew down the front :angry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here