Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

last game of the season memories

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
'72 was my 1st promotion and hereford was the most nervewracking but the best just has to be Newcastle and promotion to the top flight.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Blackpool in old Div 2 .... when the stitch up went on down the road. If I remember right we could still have got promoted if we beat them by 7 and with them already relegated and assuming a 0-0 with Spurs and Saints most thought we were going to do it :)

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Has to be '88 and Bristol Rovers for me. The post-match pitch invasion was the first and only time I ever got to walk on the hallowed Goldstone turf.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The first time is the best: I still remember the sheer joy of 1972, I was with my dad and he was yelling like a maniac too.

I missed Bristol R (thanks to a christening) and Hereford (a wedding) but I still think that Rochdale beat everything.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
The first time is the best: I still remember the sheer joy of 1972, I was with my dad and he was yelling like a maniac too.

I missed Bristol R (thanks to a christening) and Hereford (a wedding) but I still think that Rochdale beat everything.

I have very fond memories of Rochdale in 1972 as well, despite being only 10 and thus, with school the next day, only being allowed to stay up and listen to BBC Radio Brighton. In fact, that whole season is why Willie Irvine remains my all-time favourite Albion player.

Yes, I know this wasn't the last game of the season, but any excuse:

[yt]j7yrZUds3_A[/yt]

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
83 was norwich away :smokin:
Aaah yes,... the famous Debenhams incident..... I am smiling at the memory, but with the obligatory amount of shame to satisfy those holier than thou types on here who will now go on about the folly of hooliganism etc etc....

last game of the season 85:smokin:

Attachments

• SHEFF UTD0001.jpg
    SHEFF UTD0001.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 124

Jan 30, 2008
Aaah yes,... the famous Debenhams incident..... I am smiling at the memory, but with the obligatory amount of shame to satisfy those holier than thou types on here who will now go on about the folly of hooliganism etc etc....
mate got hospitalised that day and we got put on our toes before the game :down:

Jan 30, 2008
:port vale at the goldstone when they got promoted, came on the pitch at the end and took the piss brighton came on and joind them with a love in in front of the west stand, NOT SO FRIENDLY outside ,brighton came out of the flats in front of the railway tunnel and with only a couple of sussex's best to keep them apart had a jolly old fisticuffs:flounce: not everyone's cup of tea but seemed to be the hi light for some

Last edited:

sheff utd look a bit silly that day! came on and chased the youngsters around who were having their end of season pitch thing! So some bigger albion went onto play and sorted out the bbc:smokin:All the youngsters came back onto the pitch to watch the bullies get some back! Then the bbc legged it back to the away section and climbed back over the fence:wrong: one sheff lad was getting dragged backl by his neck chain which had come up round his mouth and cut into his lips:eek:that summer the albion lad who did this met some sheff lads in spain and noticed the kiddie he was talking to had scars from his mouth:facepalm: lets hope we never see the likes of this at the amex???

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
Obviously my favourite last day of the season games are the ones that had something riding on them like Ipswich in 2005 when we stayed up, i probabily enjoyed that more than Stockport in 2009 even tho the latter was probabily more important long term.

Chelthenham away in 2007 was probabily the pick of the dead-rubbers over the years, just as it was a good day out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here