Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Larry Boyd rejoins the Albion

jmsc

Jul 19, 2003
Old Shoreham Road :o(
Yup, our old friend Bazza was signed yesterday as our new chief scout.

Methinks that is a good move, Albion through and through, shame about
Richard Tiltman but none of us are perfect!

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Happy with that, think of some of the players he brought to the Albion...Gotsmanov, Byrne, Gall and Small...all quality.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Is this is another demand from the Blooms as Ray Bloom insisted on him being Alan Mullery's no 2 and then made manager. Mind you I have no objection because although he brought in some rubbish like Tiltman Cooper Farrington etc he also bought in a some real quality so perhaps he will again.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Am I right in thinking this is Barry Lloyd or is that a stupid question asked by a 17 year old.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
...I was wondering that too.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Mark Gall scored the winning goal against Newcastle in 1992 at St James Park. Keegan threw a hissy fit and threatened to resign as manager immediately after the game, as the Newcastle board had not backed him with money. The board capitulated and gave him a blank cheque book, hauling the Geordies out of the relegation zone and earning promotion the next season into the embryonic Premiership, all due to our one season wonder player, who had to retire that year due to a chronic knee injury (if you believe the press) or due to his **** ***** (if you believe the other stories)

Yup, and some people might take the piss but he was one of our most successful
managers in recent times.

He also seems to spend a lot of time these days watching worthing, so if there are any non-league signings come next summer then you'll know why

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Barry Lloyd was a great scout but average manager and had an eye for decent players, ok he made some non league mistakes but overall I was impressed with the quality of players he brought here.

Good move by the Albion

He was manager at one of the worst possible times and did an ok job in retrospect

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Yup, and some people might take the piss but he was one of our most successful
managers in recent times.

:eek::eek::eek:
I just spat my early morning coffee all over the screen.

Scout is his correct position in life.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Barry Lloyd was a great scout but average manager and had an eye for decent players, ok he made some non league mistakes but overall I was impressed with the quality of players he brought here.

Good move by the Albion

He was manager at one of the worst possible times and did an ok job in retrospect

:nono:

1991- playoff final, 90 minutes from the top flight, undoubtably THE most succesful brighton manager of recent times.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

1991- playoff final, 90 minutes from the top flight, undoubtably THE most succesful brighton manager of recent times.

Negative goal difference in getting there, refusal to play Gary Nelson in the final. Relegated the next season? ( I think?)

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Is this is another demand from the Blooms as Ray Bloom insisted on him being Alan Mullery's no 2 and then made manager. Mind you I have no objection because although he brought in some rubbish like Tiltman Cooper Farrington etc he also bought in a some real quality so perhaps he will again.

I thought it was John Campbell who made that demand rather than the Blooms.

Stumpy Tim

Negative goal difference in getting there, refusal to play Gary Nelson in the final. Relegated the next season? ( I think?)

Who cares if we had a negative goal difference? It was a great season & good to watch... attacking football.

We did get relegated the next season - after Lloyd was forced to sell Micky Small & John Byrne (and Nelson had left too). He then bought Farrington (awful) and Gall (who was top quality)... shame Gall didn't play again

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
NO WAY !!!! FFS , Lloyd was at the heart of the demise of the playing side . His idea of drafting in non leaguers ahead of decent pro's started the decline. Granted had a good season but overall he left club in worse state than when he arrived and was awful

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

Pretty much what he said. BL got us to Wemberley, touching distance of the top flight, who knows what could have been. If we had managed to win that match, and stay up for one season, we would have been in the Premiership. BL was a pretty decent manager, no mistake.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here