Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lance (Canarian Seagull), RIP

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've just received the following email about Lance who many will know as 'Canarian Seagull' from a past era of NSC.

I will have trouble verifying this news, I think, but have to take it in good faith.

Sad news that means another one of the Albion army will not get to see the promised land of Falmer.

Dear Friend.
Your site is a minefield to post on.
I have just arrived back from a holiday in Tenerife. ( Last week )
I witnessed a funeral of a local Brit resident. Herse, coffin all in
blue and white, flowers in ' BAHA'. I asked who was in the coffin and
was told a life long Brighton fan who years ago traveled to all home
games from Tenerife, then back the next day. His name was Lance ( no
sirname ) but his nick name was cannerian seagull.
I think a lot of your north stand chat fans would have known him, so i
just wanted to pass on the sad news to his friends.
Good luck tonight.
Paddy Marley.
A Life Long Finn Harps Fan.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Bloody sad news of the death of an obviously staunch Albion supporter. As you said Darren-one more who never got to see our new home. Thanks to a selfish few.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
RIP

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Sad news. LDC , FPC and the South Downs Society have a lot to answer to.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
R.I.P any fan will be missed at Falmer.

Maybe we could contact the Club and ask if we could have a minutes silence before our first league game for all the fans that wont be there.I know at least 3 fans, and im sure there are so many.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Bloody hell if that is true then that is really sad. I'm sure Simster and others will remember the 1st NSC sponsored game when Lance almost single-handedly drunk the hospitality bar dry.

I sincerely hope it IS a wind-up.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Bloody hell if that is true then that is really sad. I'm sure Simster and others will remember the 1st NSC sponsored game when Lance almost single-handedly drunk the hospitality bar dry.

I sincerely hope it IS a wind-up.
He did. Lance was the only person ever to have beaten me in a pint speed-drinking competition, as he did on that very day.

RIP Lance. :(

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Very sad indeed, not only his untimely death but the fact he was robbed of getting the chance to see the Albion walk out at Falmer.

RIP. :(

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Lance was a top bloke and great company.

Incidentally I have 7 seperate sets of ashes in my care waiting to be scattered in the memorial garden at the new stadium when it opens.

I myself have put in my will to have my ashes scattered in Toy R Us, Goldstone Retail Park, at 4.30pm on the last Saturday before christmas, so they have to shut the shop on the busiest day of the year, it will be the first and last time I return to the Goldstone.

Thanks for the e-mail Bozza.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I met Lance a couple of times at Southwick FC in 11/01 where he helped no end in raising funds and awareness for REMF 1. He donated some quality items from his own personal collection including I remember a Newcastle United T Shirt signed by Alan Shearer. I think we must have made close to £ 1000 from Lance's donations.

The guy simply had a heart of Gold.

Gone but never forgotten.

RIP.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Very, very sad. RIP.

Perhaps this isn't really the place, but if that cock-up hadn't happened in the governments original letter giving consent for the stadium, then the nimbys wouldn't have had that minor point to JUMP all over and put the whole project on ice for another 2 years.
For nothing.

Can't think too much about it, it just makes me so angry.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Very sad news indeed. RIP

Am I right in thinking he ran the Marina bar in Tenerife?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here