Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lance Armstrong - Finally The Truth ?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I think we need two competitions for each sport. One where the athletes are clean of all drugs and one where they can f*** themselves up on what ever they want.

I wonder which one would be more popular.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
You won't get me cycling up a f***ing great mountain: the drugs aren't strong enuff. I prefer an internal combustion engine.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
thinking on, i reckon the Olympics, TdF etc could have a separate section, for drug ONLY contestants..

imagine the 100 metres in 5 seconds, or watching whole TdF in a day, rather than 3 weeks..

:mad::sick::moo:

Wouldn't be wanting to sit in the front row of the women's weightlifting competition then! :eek:???

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
I am not saying that Lance Armstrong used drugs BUT what Lance wants everyone to believe is that despite having had testicular, brain and lung cancer he was able to win probably the toughest sporting contest (Tour de France) seven times in a row despite the fact that most of his competitors at the time WERE taking performance enhancing drugs.

He is either by a massive margin the greatest athlete in all eternity or another cyclist who was taking performance enhacing drugs like most of the others at that time.

the very best don't need to cheat,bobet,anquetil,merckx,hinault,lemond,fignon,indurain and of course armstrong

armstrong just happened to be the "best" of the best

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
the very best don't need to cheat,bobet,anquetil,merckx,hinault,lemond,fignon,indurain and of course armstrong

armstrong just happened to be the "best" of the best
Gosh, it's tough to know where to begin with that list.
It goes from amphetamines through steroids to blood 'reworking'.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
It would certainly be very disappointing if he was proven guilty of doping, it was such a brilliant story and gave a lot of hope to a lot of people suffering with cancer, and their families.

However if it emerges that he used drugs that were performance-enhancing but legal at the time (before loopholes were closed or whatever) I think you have to go with that. It might be viewed as sharp practice, not in the true spirit of the sport, but if it's legal or was at the time then why not.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Lance needs to be sectioned :lol:

Lance the cyclist.

Lance the cancer survivor.

Lance the fund raiser.

Lance uses the other 2 to defend his cycling, which then brings more unwanted attention to the obvious positives his story has.

However if it emerges that he used drugs that were performance-enhancing but legal at the time (before loopholes were closed or whatever) I think you have to go with that. It might be viewed as sharp practice, not in the true spirit of the sport, but if it's legal or was at the time then why not.
This is just not the case.
Lance is being investigated for using EPO, which is and was illegal, due to what it does to you red blood cell count. (The oxygen carrying ones).
The anecdotal evidence is pretty damning, but hard to prove as it's his word and others.
The others being proven cheats and liars.
With he exception of George Hincapie, he holds he key. His Grand Jury evidence makes or breaks Lance.

Until that is known, I'll not jump up and down on Lance, although I have made it pretty clear, who I believe.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think we need two competitions for each sport. One where the athletes are clean of all drugs and one where they can f*** themselves up on what ever they want.
The problem is, the one where they were clean would be full of cheats.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Lance the bionic cyclist. Is having new artificial parts inserted in yer body fair and above board. if a footballer has a dodgy knee is it cheating to include artificial inserts? Not by the law.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Lance needs to be sectioned :lol:

Lance the cyclist.

Lance the cancer survivor.

Lance the fund raiser.

Lance uses the other 2 to defend his cycling, which then brings more unwanted attention to the obvious positives his story has.

This is just not the case.
Lance is being investigated for using EPO, which is and was illegal, due to what it does to you red blood cell count. (The oxygen carrying ones).
The anecdotal evidence is pretty damning, but hard to prove as it's his word and others.
The others being proven cheats and liars.
With he exception of George Hincapie, he holds he key. His Grand Jury evidence makes or breaks Lance.

Until that is known, I'll not jump up and down on Lance, although I have made it pretty clear, who I believe.

Don't think I'll bother to enter to TdF any time soon - I inject EPO every 2 weeks. Then again, maybe they wouldn't spot it for several years during testing !!

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I hope they have some very strong evidence because if not his name doesn't need to be dragged through the mud again!

Their case in a recent report seemed to be that everyone else was doing it so he must have been. And their main witness is someone who previously lied about his own drug use. A reliable source of evidence, then.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Nobody has provided once piece of evidence to show how he, one of the most famous athletes in the world in one of the most scrutinized sports in the world somehow made it through all of those TDF years without returning a positive swab or missed a drug test.

It's worth keeping in mind that plenty of cyclists were caught out during that time.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Don't think I'll bother to enter to TdF any time soon - I inject EPO every 2 weeks. Then again, maybe they wouldn't spot it for several years during testing !!
Your blood must look a lot like red Golden Syrup.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Fact 1, there have been many cases of proven doping across pro cycling.

Fact 2, Lance Armstrong won the TdF, was it 6 times ?

Ergo, he is either superhuman to have been able to beat all the drug cheats while being clean or, he was in it up to his neck too but never got caught.

Be interesting to see what comes out.

porkypie

On the road to no where
Oct 31, 2009
Button Moon
What truth?

I find it very strange that someone who'd been tested hundreds, maybe even thousands of times over those years never returned a positive test.

Don't you find that slightly strange?

Read david millers book that will answer any questions you have. They where all at it even lance im afraid!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here