Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lambert's sending off - he was punching the ground and, errrm, missed

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
From the Southampton official site...

A hugely decisive decision arrived on 51 when astonishingly, Rickie Lambert was sent off as he vented his frustration at another missed foul on the striker. The frontman punched the ground to show his disappointment and in doing so caught Adam El-Abd who went to the floor easily.

Amazing.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Pretty impressive if Lambert punched the floor and in doing so managed to send a Brighton player to the, er, floor.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
:lolol:

Presumably they also reported on Barnard trying to regain his balance in the pub and he just so happened to connect with his attacker, whilst holding a glass bottle. Highly unfortunate on the frontman.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
So why do people dislike them and call them arrogant etc again...?

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Funny on the tv replay he seemed to throw his elbow into Adams face but who are we to let facts get in the way of their denial

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
"The home side took a two nil lead courtesy of a fortuitous cross field pass by Matt Sparrow which swerved viciously into the far corner"

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina

Presumably they also reported on Barnard trying to regain his balance in the pub and he just so happened to connect with his attacker, whilst holding a glass bottle. Highly unfortunate on the frontman.

That's what sprung to my mind as well! They do love a delusional excuse at St Marys!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

That defence did actually work for Andy Carroll, who claimed to have been holding a glass, and to have thrust it towards a woman's face to make a point, only for some unexpected moisture on the glass to cause it to slip out of his hand and smash in her face. A most unfortunate and unexpected consequence.

Gary Gurr

Nov 13, 2011
Eastbourne
Yes, the Adkins interview on the BBC website shows just what a d**k he is, I am not even sure he was watching the same game as me today.
They were unimpressive when we played them at St Mary's and I saw no difference today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here