Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lack of transfer activity.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
I think agents are looking for top dollar at the beginning of window and get a reality check as soon as pre-season starts and prices drop

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I think, as of tomorrow (most contracts end 30/6), we will start missing out... we need to be get moving...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Oh, and if a player is in contract a la KLL, we need to set a deadline to close the deal, or move on...

Flavor Flav

Get those trousers off!
Jul 5, 2008
West Sussex
Plenty of time to go yet. Although Poyet did say he wanted 80% of the team by the time they go back for pre-season, which suggests the summer hasn't really gone to plan so far.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I'm not sure what people expect over the summer. If we have supposedly had a "lack of activity", which includes breaking our transfer record twice, signing a Dutch U21 International (if that's a definite), doing the leg work on numerous other deals and we've still got 5 weeks to go until the start of the season, then I'm not sure what a busy transfer period would entail. A signing every day by the sounds of it.

Last edited:

Superseagull69

May 8, 2010
MEDWAY
I totally agree with some of the previous posters.
I am sure we have already got some deals done but as they are free transfers we are waiting until they officially become one of our players at the end of the current contract, to avoid any chance of egg on our faces should they change their minds.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Dad 38

Banned
Jan 24, 2011
but are tghey championship players soryry to be negative just haveing my views sorry sorry yrt again i a m sorry sorry sorry sorry

Snorfy

Jan 24, 2010
I didn't think that players had to wait for their contract to expire, i.e. 1st July, as they are allowed to sign pre-contracts. When you look at the transfers listed on the BBC website it says about them being from 1st July but it has been confirmed as a done deal.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
I'm not sure what people expect over the summer. If we have supposedly had a "lack of activity", which includes breaking our transfer record twice, signing a Dutch U21 International (if that's a definite), doing the leg work on numerous other deals and we've still got 5 weeks to go until the start of the season, then I'm not sure what a busy transfer period would entail. A signing every day by the sounds of it.

Not overly worried and have total faith in Poyet, Bloom and Co. taking us forward.

But to balance your statement out we have lost our best player in Bennett and Murray has left (who arguably was our best striker). Whilst Bergkamp is only a rumour at the moment! So we have only replaced a couple of the several players that have left. (Not going to worry too much about the loss Sandaza et Holyroyd etc)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If it's OK with you guys I'm gonna fret a little and hope that we're not spending so much time on Lua Lua that we are taking our eye off the ball elsewhere :thumbsup:

terry1

Banned
Jun 19, 2011
Patcham
At the the end of the day we have smashed our record transfer fee twice in the space of a month. Theres still 2 months until the window closes. Dont see what the problem is, why rush out and buy players. These things take time. Have faith

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Tad concern and worry on the horizon.

Frustating summer , think we'd all admit that

Oh well , plenty of time left although personally I would really like in several new faces for the team bonding in the Algarve

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Not overly worried and have total faith in Poyet, Bloom and Co. taking us forward.

But to balance your statement out we have lost our best player in Bennett and Murray has left (who arguably was our best striker). Whilst Bergkamp is only a rumour at the moment! So we have only replaced a couple of the several players that have left. (Not going to worry too much about the loss Sandaza et Holyroyd etc)

Exactly, we have lost 2 top players and replaced them with 2 top players already. No one is likely to leave now (unless we get any silly offers), any additions now are adding to a title winning squad. 5 weeks to go is more than enough to sign the additional players needed.

Superseagull69

May 8, 2010
MEDWAY
I didn't think that players had to wait for their contract to expire, i.e. 1st July, as they are allowed to sign pre-contracts. When you look at the transfers listed on the BBC website it says about them being from 1st July but it has been confirmed as a done deal.

Yes this is true but I believe even if they have signed a pre contract there is still a way around it should they change their mind.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Yes this is true but I believe even if they have signed a pre contract there is still a way around it should they change their mind.

Why not turn off the bit where it says you are posting on your phone ? bit gimpy that

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here