Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Labour Party meltdown incoming.......

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Not important at all, is it?
Up to Welsh Labour and their devolved parliament. No real relevance to me. If I was welsh I might be interested....are you welsh?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Again, I'm not sure how to word this any better.

It IS important to me.
Great, we'll all be on tenterhooks for your regular updates on the machinations of a separate devolved government and what it means for the poor folk of Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I think it's pretty important to the Welsh actually. Even the BBC describe it as "Starmer's" first crisis.

Sure. I'm sure Trump getting shot is important to some. Just not me. Maybe I am not reading the room correctly, anyone else on this thread interesting in the Welsh assembly enough to give a toss about this? Has the WA ever been mentioned on this site before?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I think it's pretty important to the Welsh actually. Even the BBC describe it as "Starmer's" first crisis.

How did they describe it when the Welsh government lost a vote of no confidence before the General Election? Do you think it lost Starmer a lot of votes?

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Sure. I'm sure Trump getting shot is important to some. Just not me. Maybe I am not reading the room correctly, anyone else on this thread interesting in the Welsh assembly enough to give a toss about this? Has the WA ever been mentioned on this site before?
Something I've suddenly decided I do care about, is that it's the Welsh Parliament in English. The name changed from Welsh Assembly a few years ago.

I only know that because I was reading about the voting systems used in the devolved parliaments/assemblies around the time of the general election. Funnily enough, nobody's been daft enough to set up a parliament from scratch in this country with FPTP. :lolol:

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Something I've suddenly decided I do care about, is that it's the Welsh Parliament in English. The name changed from Welsh Assembly a few years ago.........

Next you'll be telling me that the Top Division of English Football is no longer the Premiership.

Unfortunately, many folk don't want to change.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here