Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Labour Party meltdown incoming.......

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Whilst I'll be glad to see the back of the Tories what is also clear is that Labour will do very little to fundamentally improve the lives of people during their first 5 years in office which in my view will lead to election of a far right wing Tory government - Banedoch, Braverman, Patel et all calling the shots.

Won’t, amongst many things, votes for 16 and 17 year olds scupper that last bit ad infinitum?

In addition, most Tory voters don’t hold the views of the fringe loons such as Truss. This isn’t the US where 47.5% of voters, robotically vote for a Republican, no matter how Alt Right/Racist they are. Thank gawd.

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
Won’t, amongst many things, votes for 16 and 17 year olds scupper that last bit ad infinitum?

In addition, most Tory voters don’t hold the views of the fringe loons such as Truss. This isn’t the US where 47.5% of voters, robotically vote for a Republican, no matter how Alt Right/Racist they are. Thank gawd.
Evil b1tch.

Thank fck she won’t be in parliament.

How the hell have these racists got traction and air time?

No I'd suggest that here in the UK there will be some Alt Right and racists voting Labour, quite a few actually.

You're probably a little bit right of Farage with a comment like that, he wouldn't have got away with it and I wouldn't expect to hear it, even from him.

But I'd also suggest that Faiza Shaheen does have a fair chance of getting into Parliament.

Loose lips and all that.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
No I'd suggest that here in the UK there will be some Alt Right and racists voting Labour, quite a few actually.

You're probably a little bit right of Farage with a comment like that, he wouldn't have got away with it and I wouldn't expect to hear it, even from him.

But I'd also suggest that Faiza Shaheen does have a fair chance of getting into Parliament.

Loose lips and all that.
Yeah, because Jew hate isn't real racism after all.
I can smell you from here

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think this may have worked out quite well for Labour. Abbott can stand, she'll win, but she never proved that she'd been barred in the first place (if she had any sense she'd issue a statement stating there had been a genuine miscommunication but all was well now and she endorses Starmer).

Starmer moves on from this issue largely intact, while Rayner has put her house sale investigation fully behind her and has today shown her value in helping resolve the Abbott issue.

I think because Starmer is an intelligent man he will see facets to issues that lesser people will fail to spot, and that can lead to indecision, certainly in the heat of the moment. Someone like Rayner will give him a different perspective and a more direct, "gut" view on issues that will help guide him. They are not a natural partnership but in being opposites they complement one another.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I think this may have worked out quite well for Labour. Abbott can stand, she'll win, but she never proved that she'd been barred in the first place (if she had any sense she'd issue a statement stating there had been a genuine miscommunication but all was well now and she endorses Starmer).

Starmer moves on from this issue largely intact, while Rayner has put her house sale investigation fully behind her and has today shown her value in helping resolve the Abbott issue.

I think because Starmer is an intelligent man he will see facets to issues that lesser people will fail to spot, and that can lead to indecision, certainly in the heat of the moment. Someone like Rayner will give him a different perspective and a more direct, "gut" view on issues that will help guide him. They are not a natural partnership but in being opposites they complement one another.

Prescott gave a gut perspective to Blair.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Labour may be heading for almost 500 seats.

This week’s whinging and stirring from the jealous further Left, hasn’t made the slightest dent. Which party will the Starmer haters vote for?

The further left, as you out it, are just as pathetic as the ‘further’ right. Throw their toys out of the pram when their weird plans don’t work.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
Erm, that’s one interpretation. I’m sure Sir Keir was grateful for her intervention!

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Labour may be heading for almost 500 seats.

This week’s whinging and stirring from the jealous further Left, hasn’t made the slightest dent. Which party will the Starmer haters vote for?
Very likely and all the time there is a common enemy they will be on the same side. Once elected the 500? MPs and party activists and militants will ramp up the pressure on Starmer. They’ll have no one else to campaign and plot against. The battle is only just starting.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here