Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Labour Party meltdown incoming.......

Rdodge30

Dec 30, 2022
I think I am simply jaded with politicians.

I’m practically at the point where I just don’t believe anything they say.

Doesn’t matter which party, I just don’t have any faith in the wild claims being made. I have to wonder if they believe it themselves?

I’m not against Sir Keir in anyway and I certainly don’t believe any of the promises the Conservatives are making.

It’s just awful though isn’t it? What a load of absolute rubbish.

I know it is common policy on NSC to say that ‘nothing will happen in the first term’ and that it’s the fault of the previous Government etc etc…..I’ve even seen it said it will take 2 terms - or more!

Here’s what I don’t think will happen:
Any of it.

I don’t believe there will be:

1.5million new houses
A nationalised rail industry
An extra 40,000 hospital appointments a week every week
A solution to immigration

and the one that has finally tipped me over the edge … electric bills are going to come down because of the new Great British Energy Co.

Good grief.

Does anybody actually believe that electric bills will come down ?????

Have a word with yourselves

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Doesn’t matter which party, I just don’t have any faith in the wild claims being made. I have to wonder if they believe it themselves?

I’m not against Sir Keir in anyway and I certainly don’t believe any of the promises the Conservatives are making.

I know it is common policy on NSC to say that ‘nothing will happen in the first term’ and that it’s the fault of the previous Government etc etc…..I’ve even seen it said it will take 2 terms - or more!

Any of it.

1.5million new houses

and the one that has finally tipped me over the edge … electric bills are going to come down because of the new Great British Energy Co.

Good grief.

This is brilliant.

So from ‘they’ve got no plan’ and ‘there are no policies’ to ‘they are all the same.’

Classic right wing populist attack troupes ALWAYS accompanied by something like ‘I’m voting Labour’ or ‘I’ve got nothing against Sir Keir’ as the Trojan horse.

But I’ll bite.

The Scottish coast has the 2nd highest electricity generated from wind potential in the world. Once GB energy has invested in this and they are up and running, yes. we will have cheaper electricity. This won’t happen until the parliament after next because there is no money to make it happen now. In fact a lot of what Labour are promising is going to take time.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The Scottish coast has the 2nd highest electricity generated from wind potential in the world. Once GB energy has invested in this and they are up and running, yes. we will have cheaper electricity. This won’t happen until the parliament after next because there is no money to make it happen now. In fact a lot of what Labour are promising is going to take time.
hmm, "cheaper parliament after next" certainly isn't what was being pitched by Miliband or Starmer the past few months.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014

Any of it.

1.5million new houses

Good grief.

just vote tory

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
Yeah, because Jew hate isn't real racism after all.
I can smell you from here

I'm still considering your comments aimed at me yesterday evening and find them quite accusational, possibly even defamatory.

Prior to this there were earlier comments aimed at Faisa Shaheen which I considered Islamophobic. (made by another poster)

You haven't pm'd me any further detail to give me more understanding of your viewpoint ..... or an apology ....and I would think your comments have been witnessed by quite a number of people, including being liked by someone, who I don't know personally but that does repeatedly say he is a Labour Party member @Harry Wilson's tackle ...

....whilst also noting other likes from @cjd @PascalGroß Tips and a love from @Weststander

When you consider what people can be expelled from the Labour Party for doing, I think a position might warrant some reflection, personally.

From an NSC site point of view I really think it should be @Bozza who has final say as to what it is acceptable to post. I have contacted him but also do understand that he has a great deal on his plate at the moment, and symathy with that.

It might be an idea that people remain a little more tight lipped with certain 'attitudes', until I hopefully have a reply and agreed way forward.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
From an NSC site point of view I really think it should be @Bozza who has final say as to what it is acceptable to post. I have contacted him but also do understand that he has a great deal on his plate at the moment, and symathy with that.
Why bother him, surely his excellent team of helpful moderators can deal with your enquiry?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Thank you for the reply.

Could you explain to me what is islamophobic about that?
IMG_1433.jpeg

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
I'll be waiting for a reply at some point from Bozza. I think thats fair, its his site. If another moderator feels its their position to step in on his behalf, then that's for them. Thanks.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I'm still considering your comments aimed at me yesterday evening and find them quite accusational, possibly even defamatory.

Prior to this there were earlier comments aimed at Faisa Shaheen which I considered Islamophobic. (made by another poster)

You haven't pm'd me any further detail to give me more understanding of your viewpoint ..... or an apology ....and I would think your comments have been witnessed by quite a number of people, including being liked by someone, who I don't know personally but that does repeatedly say he is a Labour Party member @Harry Wilson's tackle ...

....whilst also noting other likes from @cjd @PascalGroß Tips and a love from @Weststander

When you consider what people can be expelled from the Labour Party for doing, I think a position might warrant some reflection, personally.

It might be an idea that people remain a little more tight lipped with certain 'attitudes', until I hopefully have a reply and agreed way forward.
You’re taking yourself much too seriously.

I’m not sure what you’re waffling on about in this post but Jiminy Cricket! It was a boring read.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Mate, I have never 'liked' islamophobia. If that's what you are suggesting. I do know that someone, maybe @Weststander posted a TV clip of the female labour MP who has just been binned off, ranting in a wholly unacceptable manner in an interview. I support the creation of a Palestinian state, and the right of Israel to exists. I have no idea how those two will sort themselves out. I am not a fan of gesture politics ('I condemn X most sincerely') and I am even less of a fan of gesture gesture politics ('You didn't condemn X soon enough or vigorously enough so I condemn you'). Not because it makes any difference what I think about it, but because it is all a bit counterproductive. And wanky. :shrug:

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton

It was a reply to your abusive, inflammatory post to @Weststander on the Antisemitic ex MP. In that context I'm more than happy with what I wrote. Abusing & defaming someone shocked at racism then crying to teacher isn't the most convincing look, despite your 'hurt' protestations now. If you pm I'll reply, I don't respond well to being ordered to do it. Oh, & your chances of an apology are, to quote a song about a Jew Hater, Less than Zero

Last edited:

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
Maybe you can explain it? You're welcome to pm me.

Just to be clear @aolstudios I wasn't ordering you to do anything as you imply below. I have already welcomed your viewpoint yesterday as above.

It was a reply to your abusive, inflammatory post to @Weststander on the Antisemitic ex MP. In that context I'm more than happy with what I wrote. Abusing & defaming someone shocked at racism then crying to teacher isn't the most convincing look, despite your 'hurt' protestations now. If you pm I'll reply, I don't respond well to being ordered to do it. Oh, & your chances of an apology are, to quote a song about a Jew Hater, Less than

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I'll be waiting for a reply at some point from Bozza. I think thats fair, its his site. If another moderator feels its their position to step in on his behalf, then that's for them. Thanks.
If you can explain WHY you think that post is Islamophobic, I’ll raise it on our WhatsApp group. However, what you should have done is reported it.

Bozza is really quite busy with family stuff.

Cheers.

PascalGroß Tips

Jan 29, 2024
"You haven't pm'd me any further detail... or an apology."
Ok, just a tad pompous then

I'd literally just copied that very line to include in a post that there seemed to be an expectation that you really 'should' have pm'd by now. Then I saw your post. The post to @Weststander really wasn't very pleasant and was totally unnecessary (y)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here