Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Labour Party meltdown incoming.......

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Isn't there?, a coincidence I'm sure that this figure is the same as the supposed £22bn black hole

it is a conincidence. that funding is over 25 years and was mostly already planned. makes use of the old oil and gas fields, creates a new industry, actual does something useful towards delivering net zero carbon.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
it is a conincidence. that funding is over 25 years and was mostly already planned. makes use of the old oil and gas fields, creates a new industry, actual does something useful towards delivering net zero carbon.
By my calc, assuming it works it will cover about 10% of our emissions from domestic heating. This Tory idea seems more about politics than practicality

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I guess this is over 25 years, still a lot of money. Must admit I'm not a fan of carbon capture, sends the wrong message

Are we we talking about capturing carbon dioxide? Not all of it needs to be stored, it has many uses in industry.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
I guess this is over 25 years, still a lot of money. Must admit I'm not a fan of carbon capture, sends the wrong message

We'd be better off spending money in reducing consumption is fossil fuels, like insulating the most leaky homes in northern Europe.
Can be used on ERFs too, not just gas fired generators.

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
I think the private schools themselves can claim some credit due to the 9% price rises they've previously done( and seem to do most years).

Still they'll be filling up unsubscribed schools and allowing them to function more efficiently.

Sorry, what was the bad news?
If there are schools with fewer pupils and smaller class sizes and still people don't want to go to them, then it suggests that making children go to them is bad news. "This school is appalling, let's expand it" is not my recipe for success.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
If there are schools with fewer pupils and smaller class sizes and still people don't want to go to them, then it suggests that making children go to them is bad news. "This school is appalling, let's expand it" is not my recipe for success.
You are assuming there's a correlation between "bad" schools and popularity and or oversubscription. In my experience there isn't. But the best way to improve those schools ( and therefore support the children attending them) is for them to be as near to full as possible

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Are we we talking about capturing carbon dioxide? Not all of it needs to be stored, it has many uses in industry.
There are but most of them involve Co2 re-entering the atmosphere. There's usually a large release if we beat Palace at the Amex...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here