Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Labour Party meltdown incoming.......

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
So you think one of them is going to break the law, then lie about breaking the law, and then get Starmer to lie about them breaking the law ....... Really ? :facepalm:
No twatty I think one of them will be the catalyst that leads to his downfall. (pointless emoji)

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
461229923_581605794221009_71631140023744280_n.jpg

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I do enjoy a small slice of Camilla

Because some won't view it as it's GB News, I can answer the question. NO! Clothing like suits / dresses are NOT "an office expense".

The background lies in a tax case Mallalieu v Drummond where a barrister (yeah, i know!!) had claimed a dark suit and white blouses as she had to be dressed smartly when appearing in Court. The Inland Revenue as it then was, laughed and said "no". She won in the High Court and the Court of Appeal but lost in the HoL. Their Lordships (by 4-1) said that she might not chose to wear her black suit and white blouses on a night out but she COULD. They therefore failed the "wholly and exclusively test".

The Chancellor was therefore totally incorrect to record her personal donation of / for clothing as an "offence expense" and Phillipson has done herself no favours trying to defend the indefensible.

All this could be over if Starmer, Reeves et al paid for what they want / need from their own salaries. Just stop taking freebies! It is making them look as bad as the last lot. You say Johnson's gold wallpaper, I say Starmer's new wardrobe and corporate hospitality. Let's call the whole thing off.

https://www.accaglobal.com/gb/en/te...search/2007/january/mallalieu-v-drummond.html

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
All this could be over if Starmer, Reeves et al paid for what they want / need from their own salaries. Just stop taking freebies! It is making them look as bad as the last lot. You say Johnson's gold wallpaper, I say Starmer's new wardrobe and corporate hospitality. Let's call the whole thing off.
Haven't they said they will be from now on? Can't change what has happened in the past, but are doing what you suggest?

Right Brain Ronnie

Feb 20, 2023
North of North
Well - you obviously won't! But time will tell won't it.
No I won't as I have always thought he was a sly character. But he isn't as clever as he thinks, he won't get away with his shenanigans as PM, god only knows what he got up to in the CPS.🤔

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
No I won't as I have always thought he was a sly character. But he isn't as clever as he thinks, he won't get away with his shenanigans as PM, god only knows what he got up to in the CPS.🤔
But you’re a staunch Tory and they were horribly shit. Labour have just been equally shit. Nobody is winning from all of this

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

I thought it was fairly well known that he got up to the very top in the CPS :shrug:

And he's still way more believable than you :lolol:

Last edited:

Right Brain Ronnie

Feb 20, 2023
North of North
But you’re a staunch Tory and they were horribly shit. Labour have just been equally shit. Nobody is winning from all of this
I'm not a staunched Tory, I prefer I sit more towards reform. Very true no one is winning and that is not good for Great Britain. I don't know if you remember the letter saying" I'm afraid there is no money. Kind regards – and good luck! Liam".
The way Labour are spending it, the country will be the worse state it has every been. It's like giving you wallet to thief, and saying can you look after that for an hour or two.
It's all going to go, the minute you leave them.
I just feel for those pensioners.😞

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I'm not a staunched Tory, I prefer I sit more towards reform. Very true no one is winning and that is not good for Great Britain. I don't know if you remember the letter saying" I'm afraid there is no money. Kind regards – and good luck! Liam".
The way Labour are spending it, the country will be the worse state it has every been. It's like giving you wallet to thief, and saying can you look after that for an hour or two.
It's all going to go, the minute you leave them.
I just feel for those pensioners.😞
I don’t agree really with any of that. And the “there is no money” is an old tradition - it’s a joke that has gone on for decades and decades. The Tories decided to leak it for clout and to make their austerity and cuts more palatable in the most cynical way. Ex chancellors from both sides have discussed this.

Right Brain Ronnie

Feb 20, 2023
North of North
I don’t agree really with any of that. And the “there is no money” is an old tradition - it’s a joke that has gone on for decades and decades. The Tories decided to leak it for clout and to make their austerity and cuts more palatable in the most cynical way. Ex chancellors from both sides have discussed this.
Fair enough but Surely you feel sorry for the pensioners?

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill

Lord Alli and Starmer’s MP candidate fixerAs the Telegraph reported:
Matthew Faulding, who was in charge of candidate selection for this year’s general election, worked in Lord Alli’s office on secondment from his firm BM Creative Management in the months before the poll.
He was blamed by critics of Sir Keir for “parachuting” favoured candidates into constituencies, imposing them on local Labour associations. He is now secretary of the Parliamentary Labour Party, “keeping them all in check” according to one former member of Labour’s National Executive Committee (NEC), who described the arrangement as “rotten to the core”.
Notably, parachuted candidates included the likes of self-professed “Zionist shitlord” and National Executive Committee (NEC) member Luke Akehurst for instance. The Telegraph rattled off a list of Faulding’s fixed candidates, as revealed by UnHerd journalist Michael Crick, including:

Josh Simons, the former director of the Starmerite think tank Labour Together who is now MP for Makerfield; Calvin Bailey, MP for Leyton and Wanstead; James Asser, former chair of the NEC and now MP for West Ham and Beckton
However, there was also one other critical detail that unveiled the can of corporatist worms writhing at the heart of the Labour right’s rotten core.
Specifically, the Telegraph also noted Faulding’s former role with lobbying firm Lowick Group.

Lowick: the new Labour right lobby kid on the block​

Faulding was director of the lobbying corporation between August 2018 and February 2021.
Unsurprisingly, the firm has lobbied for a Who’s Who of big polluters. Clients include large property developers like Barratt Homes, multinational investment banking giant JP Morgan, and water industry lobby group Water UK, among other titans from the corporate world.

Full story :

Lord Alli's election fixer was lobby firm director with links to Corbyn coup-plotters Portland Communications

Remember Portland Communications? Embroiled in the 2016 coup against Jeremy Corbyn? Well, guess what? They're linked to Lord Alli.
www.thecanary.co

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here