Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kwik Fit and MOT!!!!

D

Deleted member 2719

I gave up on Kwik Fit years ago when they told me that the front shock absorbers needed replacing, I chose not to have them done and the next time I had the car serviced, at another garage, they told me there was nothing wrong with them. the car did another 30K before I sold it and a couple more MOTs, and they still didn't need replacing. I also gave up on SE Tyres when they refused to waive any charge on my daughter's car repair bill after it failed on emissions because it needed a new catalytic converter being 2 days outside of guarantee the year after they'd already replaced it because it had failed on the very same thing the previous year.

To be fair to SE Tyres some Catalytic converters are Shite and you will get what you are willing to pay for, i am pretty sure there supplier wouldn't want to extend their warranty either.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I remember taking my car to National Tyres for 2 news tyres. After they had fitted them and I was ready to go I thought that I'd better check, they'd only gone and put them on with the wrong rotational direction.

A different time I also had a blown exhaust, after taking it into (the same) National Tyres, they asked me to return in 30 mins as they were busy, a fair enough request. On my return they said the different parts of the exhaust were stuck together and they tried everything to separate them but couldn't, therefore I'd have to pay full a complete new exhaust.

They had fitted the current exhaust only a couple of years ago and after I'd shown them 3 three year guarantee they somehow miraculously managed to separate the exhaust sections so only need to replace the blown part.

Bunch of bloody criminals. I later heard that head office sent down one of their hit squads to sort the place out, I understand a few rollickings were also given. I got speaking to the garage opposite them (when something else was being done on my car) and they were telling me the blokes 'working' in National Tyres always had their mates there so they could work in the their cars all day.

I now take my car to an independent garage just on the corner of my road and get a fantastic service.

These issues were a few years ago at the Folkestone branch of National Tyres.

About 3 / 4 years ago I did a temp stint delivering parts for Unipart for 1 week, this particular Friday at about 4.15 I was asked to go to ATS and take out some brake pads as they were urgently needed, I was given the box of Brake pads and drove to near the severn bridge, the mechanic said thank f*** for that I have to have this ready by 5.

We had a quick laugh and a joke and i was on my way, as I walked back to the van the guy shouted to me, I went back and it turned out the Brake pads were a used set which had been returned to the depot in a box that looked brand new, I said to the guy, Im really sorry but I was given these by the parts manager and just drove out here (basically it was not my fault!!) I said look I will take them back but I wont get back here till about 5.30 to 5.45 (I was working out of the Newport branch) he said "f*** that its Friday and i have to have this ready" I said " but they are used pads" he said to me "f*** it they are better than whats on there I will have to use them" ............ I drove off, I did tell the manager of the Unipart branch, he just said "well its his decision you did offer to exchange them" I went home.

I think like a lot of kitchens, if we really knew what went on we would probably not eat again!!!

I have never and never will trust any garage, like many on here I have to many bad experiences, a mate of mine has told me about a small local garage he has used for years, my cars due for an MOT in a few months, I will give it a go.

An update on the wifes car, I was given back all the parts etc and the bulb! I paid the 10.99 and took the keys and paperwork and drove off, I wont be using them again, if for no other reason than all the shit experiences I've heard about them on here!!! :lol:

D

Deleted member 2719

I think it was Mouldy Boots (apologies if it was someone else!) who recommended Swift Motors in Worthing to me, I have used them for my car and my daughters for a couple of years now and can HIGHLY recommend them :thumbsup:

Yeah i think it was me - but as [MENTION=2092]wehatepalace[/MENTION] said i could recommend lots in Sussex , Surrey and Hampshire. The difficulty is some car parts are not as good as they used to be and may not last as long so you really do pay for what you get most of the time.
You have to realise that a lot of garages are true professionals and work their nuts off for a living and a few out there screw it up for everyone.

Ps glad you are getting on well with them.

D

Deleted member 2719

We own a garage opposite Kwik Fit and I can honestly say they are one of our best customers, all the jobs that they can't do or the ones that they've f***ed up (there are a lot !) they send over to us, and in turn the customer vows never to go to Kwik Fit again and we gain a new customer. Its great we don't even need to advertise ! [MENTION=2719]Mouldy Boots[/MENTION] is the bloke to ask for recommendations, I'm pretty sure he could recommend a garage in every town in sussex !

The cream always rises to the top Dave.:thumbsup:

Bisto

Getting older everyday
Oct 25, 2010
Brighton
Denton Island Garage in Newhaven,
Acorn Garage in Fletching,(Not a MOT station)
S&B in Newtown Road Hove (Opposite the old Goldstone site)
All good garages

Black rock tyres Kemptown

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here