Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kurt Nogan

User Removed

Oct 21, 2005
Brighton
Popped into the pub tonight to watch a bit of the Liverpool game and who should I bump into propping up the bar - none other than my favourite ever Brighton player Kurt Nogan!!

Brought back lots of memories as I bored him with tales of watching him bang the goals in. He said he loved his time here but the only person he ever really kept in touch with is Football Genius John Crumplin.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
He was the first player I was really gutted to see sold on. £250k seemed like a bargain for Burnley, despite his massive barren spell.

Is he a coach or a manager now? I seem to recall he was managing a Welsh side at some point.

User Removed

Oct 21, 2005
Brighton
He is neither fat or a coach or manager now.

In fact he works as a jack of all trades in Cardiff - 'plastering, painting and decorating, labouring, anything really...'!!!

He also does work in local schools, using some portable goal to measure the speed and power of shots or something?!

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I loved him deeply. His first goal, after a number of games without, was a rebound from a keeper's obviously misplaced boot-out that trickled slowly into the net from 30 yards. After that he was on fire. I seem to remember we turned down a £750k bid from Liverpool when he was so in-form, although that could have just been some Naylor-based gossip. I him on North Street once and it was another of those occasions when i couldn't bring myself to speak to someone i rather admired. He was wearing a black leather jacket and strutting rather coolly.

User Removed

Oct 21, 2005
Brighton
I loved him deeply. His first goal, after a number of games without, was a rebound from a keeper's obviously misplaced boot-out that trickled slowly into the net from 30 yards. After that he was on fire. I seem to remember we turned down a £750k bid from Liverpool when he was so in-form, although that could have just been some Naylor-based gossip. I him on North Street once and it was another of those occasions when i couldn't bring myself to speak to someone i rather admired. He was wearing a black leather jacket and strutting rather coolly.

I remember that too - it was a game against Reading in the Autoglass Trophy (or whatever it was called at the time) in front of about 1200 people. You're right - after that he couldn't stop scoring.

Shame he just fizzled out - I seem to remember he didn't score in about the last 20 games he played for us, and subsequently his value dropped, and we had to accept that offer from Burnley. He then joined Preston - which is almost the equivalent of someone signing for Palace from us.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
now this chap was a striker, knew where the back of the net was

Except for 20 games in a row where he failed to hit the net, but even so, he still ended up scoring 60 goals in 100 games for us which is still a good return.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I remember Nogan ending Bolton's run of 19 games without defeat or something like that with the only goal at the Goldstone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here