Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kurt Nogan

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Ah, Kurt Nogan!

Aside from his magic at the Goldstone, I watched him play for PNE at Deepdale a couple of times (with a tear in my eye) too. It was in '99 as I was up that way a couple of times to meet up with a bird I'd met in Ibiza that summer. She even drove me over to Halifax for our away game that September too! (the least said about a grim 2-1 defeat at The Shay, the better I'd say!)

PNE's bitter rivals are Blackpool rather than Burnley (with Burnley more the equivalent of Pompey to us) if I recall correctly.

sharpey38

Aug 4, 2011
Denton
my first ever live game saw Kurt score twice against Plymouth at the Goldstone.

May have been Liam Brady's first game in charge???

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I remember being told by a cabbie that Nogan was the reason that he (the cabbie) had STOPPED supporting the Albion as he used to pick a very pissed up Nogan up early on a Saturday morning

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
25 goals before Xmas - 1 after.

It went something like that didn't it?

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
this. was there at filbert street in September 94. what a goal by Stuart munday in a 2-0 win

Ahhhhh Kurt Nogan, was quality. All the young un's on here who never saw him play, this man was an excellent forward

And reference to Leicester away in the League Cup, still remains one of my favourite (well top 5 anyway!) away games. The result, the goals, and watching one of the funniest ever things at a football match, watching a pissed up Albion fan (think he was from Haywards Heath) beckon over the Leicester mascot for what the mascot thought was going to be a handshake, and the Brighton fan punching him in his over-sized head :wink: I guess you had to be there, but what a top night that was

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I remember being told by a cabbie that Nogan was the reason that he (the cabbie) had STOPPED supporting the Albion as he used to pick a very pissed up Nogan up early on a Saturday morning

Not when he lodged with me and my family he didn't! Smoked, yes - but so did Kit Napier who was the fastest thing on two legs.

wardy wonder land

Dec 10, 2007
Ahhhhh Kurt Nogan, was quality. All the young un's on here who never saw him play, this man was an excellent forward

And reference to Leicester away in the League Cup, still remains one of my favourite (well top 5 anyway!) away games. The result, the goals, and watching one of the funniest ever things at a football match, watching a pissed up Albion fan (think he was from Haywards Heath) beckon over the Leicester mascot for what the mascot thought was going to be a handshake, and the Brighton fan punching him in his over-sized head :wink: I guess you had to be there, but what a top night that was

singing " 2 nil on the night, 3 nil on aggregate" top games both home & away

at filbert street, some local hardman picked out my mate and just kept staring, pointing jesticulating at him, thought not of it, the next day (we stay in nottingham for the night) walking around the market square, crossing a zedbra crossing, the car that stops, beeps horn and starts staring, pointing jesticulating at mt mate - same man from liescter

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here