Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kuipers

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Kinky Gerbils said:
SHEFFIELD UTD
I've never said he's faultless, no keeper is. He just makes less mistakes and is more reliable than most.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
didnt realise that was in caps - sorry seemed well ANGRY.

Of course your right, all keepers do make mistakes even the great Paul Robinson(just to wind a few people up) but it just seems while Kuipers has had protection from blame more than any other keeper i have seen during my time watching the albion.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Kinky Gerbils said:
didnt realise that was in caps - sorry seemed well ANGRY.

Of course your right, all keepers do make mistakes even the great Paul Robinson(just to wind a few people up) but it just seems while Kuipers has had protection from blame more than any other keeper i have seen during my time watching the albion.
Don't you think he's well HUNKY as well though ?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Which one - to be fair

Hendo, Roberts and Kuipers would all get it.

Which moves me on to another point - I believe Kuipers is too stacked to be a keeper.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Easy 10 said:
Aww come on, that was YEARS ago. The fact that you're trawling back that far to find a Kuipers cock-up probably speaks volumes for the fella (although he's dropped some clangers since then too).

Every keeper makes mistakes. Unfortunately its the one position on the field where every mistake usually ends up punished to the max. I just think its extremelely rare that the FDM has left us down.

A more recent one would be Sheff Utd away.

I agree with Finchley's post and altho I love FDM to bits I prefer Hendo in goal.
I just wish Michel would swallow his pride at being number 2 or 3 and stay with us.
He doesn't want that and so is whiling away shipping goals at Boston. That's his choice.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Yorkie said:
A more recent one would be Sheff Utd away.

I agree with Finchley's post and altho I love FDM to bits I prefer Hendo in goal.
I just wish Michel would swallow his pride at being number 2 or 3 and stay with us.
He doesn't want that and so is whiling away shipping goals at Boston. That's his choice.

Ok Yorkie and Easy a choice for you.

Kuipers or Gifton Noel Williams

No idea how much they are on but if Kuipers leaving ment GNW staying would you accept this?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Kinky Gerbils said:

No idea how much they are on but if Kuipers leaving ment GNW staying would you accept this?
What, in goal ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Sorry
*serious head on*

If it was a straight choice between keeping GNW and the FDM for next season then I'd plump for GNW, because at L1 level, if he stays fit (and that could be a big IF I grant you), GNW would be absolute MUSTARD.

Just to clarify - I've no real axe to grind with Hendo. He's a capable keeper and a good signing. I'd still choose the FDM over him in goal, but thats just my own personal opinion because I think overall that the FDM is a better keeper. But I wouldn't sacrifice what looks like being a useful striker in favour of Kuipers in goal, cos I think over the course of a season, we'd score enough goals with GNW in the side to accomodate the odd additional goal against through having a slightly inferior keeper.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Easy 10 said:
Sorry
*serious head on*

If it was a straight choice between keeping GNW and the FDM for next season then I'd plump for GNW, because at L1 level, if he stays fit (and that could be a big IF I grant you), GNW would be absolute MUSTARD.

Just to clarify - I've no real axe to grind with Hendo. He's a capable keeper and a good signing. I'd still choose the FDM over him in goal, but thats just my own personal opinion because I think overall that the FDM is a better keeper. But I wouldn't sacrifice what looks like being a useful striker in favour of Kuipers in goal, cos I think over the course of a season, we'd score enough goals with GNW in the side to accomodate the odd additional goal against through having a slightly inferior keeper.

But and it is a big but (j lo size infact)
If Brighton came straight back up do you not think the side would be stronger with a proven championship striker in the side 3rd time round?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Kinky Gerbils said:
But and it is a big but (j lo size infact)
If Brighton came straight back up do you not think the side would be stronger with a proven championship striker in the side 3rd time round?
Yes, obviously. Whats your point ?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Kinky Gerbils said:

I certainly would.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Kinky Gerbils said:
GNW could be that striker and I do think getting rid of kuipers to sign him would be a worthwhile gamble.
If it came down to such a choice, then I agree.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Yorkie said:

Although chel obviously isn't happy at being number two he is mainly on loan so that we can save on the wage bill. Apparently hes the highest earner at the club now, thats what makes me think theres no chance of him being here next year.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
sir danny cullip said:
Although chel obviously isn't happy at being number two he is mainly on loan so that we can save on the wage bill. Apparently hes the highest earner at the club now, thats what makes me think theres no chance of him being here next year.

Nicely twisted. He's number 2 on ability.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Yorkie said:
Nicely twisted. He's number 2 on ability.

:lolol: Im aware hes number 2 because henderson is a better keeper! All im saying is that its in the clubs interest to offload him either on loan or permanently so that they can save on the wage bill so rather than keeping him here as number 2, its in both parties interest (rather than as you suggested just chels) to play elsewhere.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here