Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kuipers

Dawsey

Apr 25, 2004
Brighton
Uncle Buck said:
It keeps Kuipers match fit and for bench warming it is not going to do Martin any harm to get match day experience. If we need to call him back he should be that bit sharper from playing competitive football.

:clap: :clap:

Seems good for all parties if he isn't going to get first team action here (providing he is on instant re-call in case anything happens to Henderson).

Last edited:

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Lokki 7 said:
Your saying Kuipers is doing this? What's your source?

Kuipers has disagreed with McGhee's team selection on more than one occasion this season.

He has also not warmed up with Keeley and the 1st choice Keeper on more than one occasion this season, when put on the bench.

I don't blame Kuipers for being p!ssed off and still think he is a quality Keeper but loaning him out is the right move.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
As i've stated before, i think Kuipers needs to apologise to McGhee.

When Leon, McCammon and Flo all had fallings out with McGhee he has made them apologise, then they have been back in contention..... maybe Kuipers should follow suit as it seems to me he thinks he is better than he is.

If he can't be a team player then as much of a legend the man is he can f*** off

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Brighton4eva said:
What is the chance of them doing a "loan - swap deal"? Kuipers for Joachim.

Could he still do a job at this level?

He couldn't when he was at Leeds last season.

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Jimmy Saville said:
Ridiculous decision. Magoo needs to swallow his pride and make up with Kuipers. We should be increasing the quality in our squad right now, not depleting it. I honestly cannot believe the shit that is going on at our club at the moment. He has to go...

:angry: :censored: :angry: :censored: :angry: :censored: :angry: :censored: :angry: :censored:

What he said!

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Hope he does well for them, they seem to rate him pretty highly. So long as he can come back if we need him.
Don't think McGhee has ever been that keen on Kuipers tho, he always prefered Roberts when fit and Hendo is clearly his number one.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
80's Seagull said:
Hope he does well for them, they seem to rate him pretty highly. So long as he can come back if we need him.
Don't think McGhee has ever been that keen on Kuipers tho, he always prefered Roberts when fit and Hendo is clearly his number one.

Rightly so in both cases though, Kuipers is a quality keeper but Roberts and Hendo were/are both better keepers when fully fit imho.

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
does he give us anything more than henderson?i think not and if we have two strong youth prospects both tipped for at least england youth honours should we be blocking their development with two senior goalies.
at the moment it's only a loan deal,if we need to we can recall him.at least he should be match fit not square arsed from warming a bench

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If FDM is one of the high earners at the club at the moment then it gives MM the opportunity of cutting the wages bill by loaning him out rather than pay for him to sit it out on the bench until the end of the season. If FDM doesn't get recalled as cover for Hendo picking up an injury it may well be the last we see of him wearing an Albion jersey, if all goes well for him at Boston he will jump at the chance of first team football when they offer him a deal.

Oct 20, 2004
walsall
Would be interesting if Henerson did get injured, would McGhee recall kuipers or just play martin and pomote the other youngster to the bench.
Kuipers will never play for brighton again why Mcghee is there, not even in the reserves it seems

veade

Feb 19, 2005
Boston
westdeneite said:
Great!!!
McGhee can get players out on loan quick enough. Shame he couldn't act as swiftly to get us some loans in.:(

here here spot on :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I've no doubt he could have got some players in but unless they are better than what we already have what's the point?

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
fake slim said:
Your opinion is ridiculous actually. Perhaps Kuipers needs to make up with Mcghee or he'll be playing for Boston come next season?

How are we depleting it? If Hendo gets injured we just call Michel back and it means he'll stay match fit as he's getting first team football!

Are most people too dim to see this?

Perhaps McGhee will be managing Boston next season? I sincerely hope so.

I have seen no guaruntee that we can recall him instantly. I see no reason to deplete your first team squad. Kuipers should be on the bench right now. Why take the risk of having untried, inexperienced players on the bench at such a crucial time in our season?

McGhee has manged to fall out with so many players this season it is getting ridiculous.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here