Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kuipers

BIRCHYBOY27

Nov 25, 2005
brighton
To everyone who thinks he is god, he is not he use to be but was really poor last night, at fault for the goal and cannot kick or save pens. Made one good save towards the end but need to bring Sully back in.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
He should of just booted Virgo, could of done us more than 1 favour if he had of!

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I thought it was a game of two halfs for Kuipers

The goal was possibly the worst start possible to Kuipers (and Virgo's) game. They both went for it, yet nobody took responsibility. The keeper should have called for it and kicked it as far away as possible, the defender should have stuck it into row Z had he heard no call. Then there was another poorly dealt with back-pass not long after. Also he was lucky not to get a booking (or even sending off) for clattering that Luton striker - he was only saved by the fact that the ref had already blown for offside.

In the second half he had little to do, but when he was called upon it was one of the best Kuipers double-saves I have seen. I am still replaying it in my head.

I didn't think there was much he could do about the penalties - they were all of a very good standard, it was just a shame that only Forster and Virgo took decent penalties for the Albion.

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton
To everyone who thinks he is god, he is not he use to be but was really poor last night, at fault for the goal and cannot kick or save pens. Made one good save towards the end but need to bring Sully back in.

Keepers these days play almost as a sweeper behind the back 4 and are encouraged to come out quickly to clear up in exactly the situation as yesterday. As a defender I would expect my keeper to be able to clear the ball when it is played over the top of the defence, the keeper has momentum behind him and is facing up field whereas the defender is chasing back facing his own goal. However in this case, there was obviously a major cock up in communication, and I'm afraid Virgo must take the blame as I'm sure the keeper would be told in training to take responsibility in this situation, that's if we actually do any training!

On the whole he was fine, caught the ball well and dominated his area, his kicking's not great, but Sully's has been pretty hopeless recently, but I do agree with you about the pens though, he never looked like saving any of them, whereas their keeper looked more mobile and more difficult to beat somehow.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
the defender should have stuck it into row Z had he heard no call.

he would have done had he not kicked Kuipers, you could see from the TV replays that Virgo had his head down and was about to smash the ball out of the ground but as he kicked Kuipers leg got in the way

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Absolute Bollocks. Kuipers is a completely different class to Sully, last night was his FIRST game back, talk about being dropped in the deep end.

Yes he was VERY rusty, but I didn't really expect anything else!

That said, he is f***ing useless at pens. Was sooo obvious which was he was going to dive... Like PAINFULLY obvious.

But, he is the best keeper at the club, no question.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Not going to knock him.Something isn't right within the club.To many players lack confidence.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Does not command his box and the goal was his fault.

The way he moans at everyone is probably not that helpful either when confidence is so low.

Decent save near the end, the second being the better of the double save. If he let the first shot in, he would have been a truly awful keeper.

Nobody mentioning him nearly passing the ball straight to Sam Parkin (I think) a few minutes after the goal?

I loved the pundits on Sky saying 'I wonder who he will blame for that one...'

Sullivan IN for Millwall.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Fair to say that Kuipers looked a bit rusty last night, but of course that's not good enough for the knee-jerk society. 1st minute he was presumably one of the worst keepers we've had, but when he pulled off that crucial last minute save he'd become a top keeper again, only for people to doubt him again 4 penalties later.

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
Absolute Bollocks. Kuipers is a completely different class to Sully, last night was his FIRST game back, talk about being dropped in the deep end.

Yes he was VERY rusty, but I didn't really expect anything else!

That said, he is f***ing useless at pens. Was sooo obvious which was he was going to dive... Like PAINFULLY obvious.

But, he is the best keeper at the club, no question.

yeah he showed he was a different class to Sully alright didnt he!!
Hes had his day....time for Sully to keep the number 1 shirt....

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
He talks to his defence better.

He did nothing which warranted being dropped.

He is better claiming crosses, something a low on confidence defence will be grateful for their keeper to do.

He did not make any howlers in the games you mention,

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
He talks to his defence better.

He did nothing which warranted being dropped.

He is better claiming crosses, something a low on confidence defence will be grateful for their keeper to do.

He did not make any howlers in the games you mention,

I think we are watching different games.

He looked very shakey and warranted a spell out of the first team. He has been poor.

Did not think Kuipers was great last night, but I can see why he played.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
yeah he showed he was a different class to Sully alright didnt he!!
Hes had his day....time for Sully to keep the number 1 shirt....

So you're judging your opinion on one game??

Sully has been increasingly poor, he is no doubt the future, just not yet.

And that goal was NOT Kuipers fault. He looked shaken up by it of course. But lets not forget he was top notch in the second half and made 2 quality saves.

To say he's past it after one game back from a long injury spell is f***ing ridiculous, have a day off.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Neither of the goals against Carlisle were his fault.

He has been one of our better players the last month or so. If you are going to drop him for looking a bit shakey then we need to drop the other ten as well...

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I wouldn't have minded the mistake from Kuipers last night, these things happen. However yo do NOT, under any circumstances follow YOUR mistake with a barrage of abuse directed towards your back four. Especially of you are going to almost gift the opposition a second goal just minutes later.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here