Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kuipers

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Chez, I put this to you: Assuming Wilkins were to drop/sell Kuipers, who should we get in who could do a better job and would be available for the fee and wages we would be in a position to offer?

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
:thud:

Could it be that none of the team make themselves available for that 'quick ball', or indeed that the opposition might well have wised pu to the quick ball intention.

Thats not what I mean though. He doesn't even look up! He spends a good 20 seconds stamping on the grass before he even puts the ball down to start his run up!

It wasn't just yesterday either, it's been the same all season. He used to do KICK UPS with it before he stamped on the grass!

veade

Feb 19, 2005
Boston
Yep. I know about 15 who will return the day Kuipers either leaves or gets dropped. All were regulars until Wilkins made Kuipers number 1. All would return if he was replaced.

what a load of rubbish you are spouting at the end of the day if we played positive attacking football that was enjoyable to watch then that would help bring fans back its people like you spreading negatives around doesn't help the team

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Chez, I put this to you: Assuming Wilkins were to drop/sell Kuipers, who should we get in who could do a better job and would be available for the fee and wages we would be in a position to offer?

OK, firstly we could never sell Kuipers. Christ knows, every other Brighton manager has tried it but nobody is stupid enough to buy him so he would have to be released.

After that there are loads of keepers better than him that would love to play for us on a lot less money than we pay Kuipers (I know he got a reduced wage on his recent contract but he is still on quite a bit).

For the short term though, I'm sure we could get a loanee in.

stig

I hate Tim and Matty B
Mar 27, 2007
Thats not what I mean though. He doesn't even look up! He spends a good 20 seconds stamping on the grass before he even puts the ball down to start his run up!

It wasn't just yesterday either, it's been the same all season. He used to do KICK UPS with it before he stamped on the grass!

the video geek is right

veade

Feb 19, 2005
Boston
OK, firstly we could never sell Kuipers. Christ knows, every other Brighton manager has tried it but nobody is stupid enough to buy him so he would have to be released.

After that there are loads of keepers better than him that would love to play for us on a lot less money than we pay Kuipers (I know he got a reduced wage on his recent contract but he is still on quite a bit).

For the short term though, I'm sure we could get a loanee in.

thats not true peter taylor wanted to buy him when he left us

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
Yep. I know about 15 who will return the day Kuipers either leaves or gets dropped. All were regulars until Wilkins made Kuipers number 1. All would return if he was replaced.

What about when he was No.1 under McGhee - did they go then? Either you're talking shit or you know fifteen half-wits, without wanting to put too fine a point on it.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
OK, and who should that be?

Surely for such a vehement Kuipers hater as yourself, there must be a specific someone who you would suggest, or is it just some kind of "Anyone But Kuipers" thing with you?

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
I know of about 15 it would bring back without even having to think. I'm sure there are many more that I don't know of.

Oh, and he IS pony. Just ask every other manager in the league.

so you know 15 people that don't come and watch us because kuipers playes in goal?

you're the pony mate :shootself

chez

Jul 5, 2003
what a load of rubbish you are spouting at the end of the day if we played positive attacking football that was enjoyable to watch then that would help bring fans back its people like you spreading negatives around doesn't help the team

I think it's much better to talk negatively on here about Kuipers than to go to the game and boo our proper players as per what happened to Murray last night. Now that is disgraceful.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
than to go to the game and boo our proper players

Erm..on what grounds is FDM not one of our "proper players" then?

I think you must be on some kind of wind-up here.

chez

Jul 5, 2003
What about when he was No.1 under McGhee - did they go then? Either you're talking shit or you know fifteen half-wits, without wanting to put too fine a point on it.

He was rarely No. 1 under McGhee and even when he was in the team we were playing good enough football to cover up our problems in goal. So yes, I and a few of the others went then.

Problem is, now we aren't playing that kind of football that can make up for having a keeper as poor as kuipers in goal.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
So thats most of the crowd from last night from what I've heard.

I'm not saying you're wrong here as that is one of the reasons I stay away. I don't like it when people boo our players.

Most of the crowd? How contemptably pathetic. However told you that is dealing in lies. Your mate is a liar - nice mate.

But if you checked in your phobia at the door, and actually turned up at Withdean, your opinion would be given some credibility.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here