Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kuipers

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
He was rarely No. 1 under McGhee and even when he was in the team we were playing good enough football to cover up our problems in goal. So yes, I and a few of the others went then.

That's just bollocks isn't it? He was first choice in 2004/5 until he got injured, and the only reason he didn't play more games the following season was because he was recovering from injury. That aside, you say these people aren't going because Kuipers is playing, yet say that they went previously when he was first choice? And then claim it was because we were playing such good football that season, when we narrowly avoided relegation?

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Its not always financial things that keep fans away. I'm of the opinion that we simply cannot be serious about being successful if we have Kuipers in goal. No point in watching a team that quite clearly doesn't want to do well.

If they did want to succeed then Kuipers would have never have been offered a new contract.

I also think that getting rid of Wilkins, be it right or wrong, would bring back even more fans. Even then though I doubt we would have the same volume of support we had under McGhee and the 3 or 4 managers before him.

Having a Kuipers debate is going to be a bit pointless with you isn't it?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Yep. I know about 15 who will return the day Kuipers either leaves or gets dropped. All were regulars until Wilkins made Kuipers number 1. All would return if he was replaced.

that is the most ludicrous thing i have EVER read on here - and that takes something

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
OK. I take it you're not too bothered about us winning games either then. :thud:

Chez has a personal agenda against Kuipers because he replaced Mark Walton, who was a much better keeper :D:D Don't take the bait people! Besides I know at least 16 season ticket holders who don't think we need a new keeper. Not that they'd be so churlish as to stop supporting the Albion because the manager prefers someone else (as is his role).

Suggest your mates apply for Wendy's job given this appears to be the only way they can guarantee team selection. What a limp reason to stay away. Pathetic.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
the thing is is that kuipers could be replaced with a better keeper, and i do agree with the fact that he is overrated

trouble is, that with ludicrous statements such as "15 of my friends wont go as kuipers is in goal", you are discrediting anything that argument for dropping kuipers may have held

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Thats because he's pony mate.

New keeper needed, that'll bring the crowds back. Well, a lot of them anyway.

:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

Honest to God......who needs Bas Savage for entertainment, when we,ve got our Chez here...?

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
This is basically another thread spouting negativity. That's all it summises to isn't it? So many similar threads like this are so hypothetical they're only worth starting if you also want to discuss your chances of winning the lottery e.g What if Kuipers didn't make any saves!; What if we lose 3 games, should DK resign?; What if Malcolm forgets the magic sponge, should he be sacked? What if, what if, what if :bla::bla:

Moaning has become infectious and the internet is the fastest carrier of this modern disease.

And what if we all stop moaning and encourage others to do likewise? The club would be far better off that's for sure. Positive Attitude. It's bloody tough for anyone in the club when there's so many people doing nothing but bring everyone down at the Albion who are doing their level best to provide a professional football club in Sussex for us to watch. It's very rare that anyone turns up for work and thinks "I'll really do my very worst today". Sadly some people have started to think our club's management are like this. And they couldn't be further from the truth.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I do not believe that Kuipers is the keeper if we were ho[ping to get into the Championships but for team that is going nowhere he is adequate and the crowd seem to love his heroic dives at balls that are coming straight at him. At the moment we have more urgent needs on which to spend what little money we have. Next season may be a different story, hopefully.

Well I know at least 10 people who'd start going again if jake got his f***ing hair cut so maybe the Kuipers theory isn't so stupid...Oh and there's at least 20 who would come back if players stopped wearing those poofy white boots.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Well I know at least 10 people who'd start going again if jake got his f***ing hair cut so maybe the Kuipers theory isn't so stupid...Oh and there's at least 20 who would come back if players stopped wearing those poofy white boots.

And I know another 10 if we went back to shirts without sponsors on!

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
kuipers is way overrated and we so need a new keeper,he is very average makes the odd save but not enough and he doesn't seem to install confidence in the defence

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
the thing is is that kuipers could be replaced with a better keeper, and i do agree with the fact that he is overrated

He could indeed.

He has been OK this season, saved a few been at fault for a few standard league one stuff.

I suspect if the chance came up of signing a better keeper the club would, but I would hope they are more interested in signing a winger.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
He was rarely No. 1 under McGhee and even when he was in the team we were playing good enough football to cover up our problems in goal. So yes, I and a few of the others went then.

Problem is, now we aren't playing that kind of football that can make up for having a keeper as poor as kuipers in goal.

He was number one under McGhee for the 2004/05 season until he wrecked his shoulder against Forest in about February 2005.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I liked the bit when he stopped us going 2-0 down when that Cheltenham striker ran through our defence like it wasn't there. Fantastic 1 on 1 save, that.

I liked that bit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here