Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kuipers the KLOWN

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
No, you're missing the point. I argued with your assesment that he had no natural talent. I can tell you from first hand experience that he has. I played against the Albion Youth team that included several others who have gone on to represent the Albion first team and he was the best of that bunch.

You're both right in a way. He clearly does have natural talent, as he obviously is better than me or both of you. However, whether he has enough talent to play in League One may be a different argument...

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
No need for that is there? All I was trying to point out was that I have actually played against him. My footballing career is far from glorious.

Fair, ok, maybe a tad crossed wires. Yes I've heard from others that he was exceptional as a youngster.. but now he really does look consistently poor at this level..

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
A 7:1 defeat is a small price to pay if El Abd never plays for The Albion again.

Change "El Abd" for "Kuipers" and I agree with you.

Talking of El Abd though, he does seem to have started off the season badly (probably due to the pressure he is under from the fans), I know it would be yet another case of the fans forcing the managers hand but maybe he should be pulled out of the team for a few weeks and Tunnicliffe given a go.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Get the dutch man back in the kitchen where he belongs.

Getting sent off at a critical time - concedes a penalty.
Then pretends he is innocent.

THREW away the game.

USELESS.

:fishing:

I assume you are the same prick who posted on the Argus site with that silly name? If so, you are an annoying little scrote - so do one!!!!!!!!!!!!! :tosser:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Why the kitchen he's never been a chef!

Change "El Abd" for "Kuipers" and I agree with you.

Talking of El Abd though, he does seem to have started off the season badly (probably due to the pressure he is under from the fans), I know it would be yet another case of the fans forcing the managers hand but maybe he should be pulled out of the team for a few weeks and Tunnicliffe given a go.

Started off the season badly?! Ultimately I'm afraid he is a limited footballer, who currently doesn't seem up to it.

Don't start with the Kuipers nonsense, he'd had an excellent start to the season until yesterday.

But using your rules even I have natural talent - as long as I'm playing in a disabled league, or a kids game. It doesn't mean I'm anywhere near good enough when playing against my peers though, which in El Abd's case is other professionals.

Re-read what he posted, that's absolutely nothing like what he said. He said that at the age that he played against El-Abd, he was better than some of the other youth products that have gone on to play for us. So he WAS better than his peers. I don't think anyone is arguing that he is now.

jonesie

Feb 19, 2009
Having attended the game last night, it was not a penalty, no way and Im just as annoyed now as I was then. Even if my eyes deceived me and it was a pen, you cannot blame Kuipers. What was the man supposed to do on a 1 on 1, let the guy score. FDM was not at fault.

El-Abd has to go and go now. He makes a characteristic mistake in every game and it normally costs a goal at best. He might give his heart and soul for the club and never shirk a tackle etc.. etc...... etc.......well so would I if I could but I would never pick myself for the fact, like el-abd Im sh*t.

Slade should shoulder the blame for picking him and also for not subbing him when it was obvious that he was having a mare at left back. A square peg in a round hole, so hopelessly out of his depth.

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
Stats dont lie! Kuipers has played 219mins in the league and let in three (a goal every 73mins) whereas Smith has let in 5 in 51mins (an alarming one every 10.2mins) :fishing:

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
I heard El-Abd was at fault for a short back pass when Whing gave away the second pen.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I really thought that El Abd had stopped all these stupid gaffes.

Obviously not.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Apart from the first 20 minutes, sounded like we were always heading for a major stuffing, with or without FDM. Maybe not 7, but probably 4 or 5.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Because out of nothing that fucktard El Abd put Michel in an impossible position, one in which it was virtually impossible to prevent a goal?

Then let him score a goal, rather than bring him down, take us down to ten men, and probably get more than a one match ban for a tantrum that a six year old on a dozen cans of Coke would consider 'childish'.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Sounds like he was totally let down by the moronic El Abd.

How many f***ing times will El Abd cost us a goal, or nearly cost us a goal, with an underhit backpass resulting from his totally casual nature before we dump him into non-league where he belongs?

Really now, your defence of FDM is reaching BHAdeb levels..

Impact HTFC

Aug 19, 2009
Hi guys. As you can see from my name I'm a Huddersfield fan. I just want to inject my view of the penalty

As it happened, I was sure that it was a penalty which mean a red card. No other option. I assure you there was no bias, although I was in the stand to the right of your fans so didnt have the best view. It looked like a penalty, and the lack of complaints from your fans confirmed this for me.

Novak had not scored yet this year, so why would he go down with an empty net begging when the highest level he had previously scored in was the Blue Sq North? It would have been better if the goal had been his skill, not the lack of it from the Keeper.

Slade said your keeper thought he got the ball and this was the reason for being upset and going bananas. But just look at the replay - he was miles away. There was definately contact (i slowed it right down, I'm sad like that) so whether intentional or not, it had to be a pen and therefore red. Expect the keeper to get an extra match ban for his stupidity after being shown the red. He was sent off on 39, yet the pen wasnt taken until 43. 4 minutes of arguing and abuse thrown at the ref before one of your coaches and a player dragged him off.

Just thought I'd throw this in there for you.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Hi guys. As you can see from my name I'm a Huddersfield fan. I just want to inject my view of the penalty

As it happened, I was sure that it was a penalty which mean a red card. No other option. I assure you there was no bias, although I was in the stand to the right of your fans so didnt have the best view. It looked like a penalty, and the lack of complaints from your fans confirmed this for me.

Slade said your keeper thought he got the ball and this was the reason for being upset and going bananas. But just look at the replay - he was miles away. There was definately contact (i slowed it right down, I'm sad like that) so whether intentional or not, it had to be a pen and therefore red. Expect the keeper to get an extra match ban for his stupidity after being shown the red. He was sent off on 39, yet the pen wasnt taken until 43. 4 minutes of arguing and abuse thrown at the ref before one of your coaches and a player dragged him off.

Just thought I'd throw this in there for you.

My instant reaction at the time was that it was a penalty, and having seen the replay on TV, I haven't had any cause to change my mind. I didn't see the other Albion players complaining about the decision either- what moans there were from them were probably more to do with the inevitable red card, and there's nowt the referee can do about that.

We probably booed a bit afterwards (football as pantomime, as per usual), but the fact that Novak didn't really get any sustained abuse showed that most Albion fans behind that goal knew Kuipers had brought him down.

Can't really blame Kuipers for conceding it: cards like that are an occupational hazard as a goalkeeper, and El Abd was clearly at fault for the back pass. But Michel's reaction was pretty poor- whether you agree or disagree with a decision, nothing's going to change by arguing about it, and he made himself look like a prize tit. Not to mention risking a longer ban if the referee now reports him.

Impact HTFC

Aug 19, 2009
He was completely out of order, not to mention the abuse and pointing at Novak afterwards and having to be held back by his players to stop a confontation.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
He was completely out of order, not to mention the abuse and pointing at Novak afterwards and having to be held back by his players to stop a confontation.

I dare say he was taking out his frustrations elsewhere rather than battering the shit out of the woeful El-Abd who dropped him right in it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here