Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kuipers sees the light...at last

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Les Biehn said:
"We went on to discuss it. He was especially upset that when I left him out I did not tell him until the game, which is what I normally do. I said in future I'll try to do that differently."

f***ing good on MM. Shows he not quite the man management f*** up people thik he is.
Does it? That actually confirms what I'd heard that he does not comunicate well with his players. But if he is willing to learn from last season that can only be a good thing. :clap: :clap:

I'm glad Kuipers sucked it in and apologised too. :clap: :clap: :clap:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I would not like to be left out at the last minute, I would prefer to be told the day before.

But then I would not have psyched myself up for the game, and suppose Henderson got injured, I would not be ready to play.

I think Michel Kuipers is the better keeper of the two but quite a long way.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Les Biehn said:
It will be interesting to see what happens with Martin and Sullivan now.

Two for the future - I'm sure they'll end up on loan at a reasonable level non-lague side to get them more experience.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Good news, I have always rated Michel as a keeper, far better to have two decent keepers at the club than just the one and a couple of youngsters fighting for the jersey.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Thats the keeper situation sorted.Now to concentrate on a target man,right winger and perhaps a loan player to cover Oatway.Still thibk we need a big powerfull center half for this league who is under 30

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Sounds about right to me, goalkeeper and defence pretty well sorted. MM has hinted that he is targeting a striker who is well known at this level, have been racking my brains for possibles but drew a bit of a blank. I would definitely like to see us bring in a half decent midfielder as well as we just didn't look at all convincing last season after losing Charlie through injury.

At the moment the squad is looking reasonably balanced with a mixture of youth and experience, I think we should do well next season as long as we can steer clear of major injuries and offers for a number of our players for half-decent money.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
But the defence does need improving as we had the worse defence last season

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I don't think our defence is really that bad, half the problem was a non-existent defensive midfield, leaving the back four as exposed as a baboons arse. With players like Dodd, Butters, El-Abd and Lynch in the team we should be OK (pity we couldn't keep McShane).

sir danny cullip said:
Dont put all the blame on Kuipers for him being loaned out, I bet the club were more than happy to have his wages of the bill for a while. He shouldnt have to apologise anyway, being dropped for that frenchy for no apparent reason at all would wind anyone up and I wouldn't have blamed him if he left.

Except you've got your dates mixed up. McGhee recalled Kuipers after has was initially dropped for the "Frenchy" - McGhee was as good as his word and picked on form.

It was only after his below par effort at Sheff Utd where Kuipers comically blamed Lynch and McShane for his own feck-up that McGhee took the wise decision that Hendo might be the better option.

It was then that Kuipers stormed out of the club - not for being dropped for the Frenchy but for being dropped for Hendo.

sir danny cullip said:
And that he likes everyone at the club apart from that CLOWN of a manager.
Yeah I bet Lynch absolutely loves him.

thedonkeycentrehalf said:
Two for the future - I'm sure they'll end up on loan at a reasonable level non-lague side to get them more experience.
Yes - and hopefully one of them will be ready to be No2 for the 2007-08 season.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I don't believe it, over a month from the season start and we're already started on the 'Clown manager' tripe.

FFS give it a rest or support another team, its so boring now.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
bhaexpress said:
I don't believe it, over a month from the season start and we're already started on the 'Clown manager' tripe.

FFS give it a rest or support another team, its so boring now.

Wait until the season starts, top of the table won't be good enough for some. "Would never have got relegated with a decent manager" will be the cry no doubt.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Great news. The cynic in me would say that Kuipers has done this to resurrect his own career rather than really meaning it. Noone came in for him whilst he was on the transfer list and the interest shown by Boston seems to have cooled.

Anyway, at least it is sorted and he has been big enough to apologise. Onwards and upwards!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
BarrelofFun said:
Great news. The cynic in me would say that Kuipers has done this to resurrect his own career rather than really meaning it. Noone came in for him whilst he was on the transfer list and the interest shown by Boston seems to have cooled.

Anyway, at least it is sorted and he has been big enough to apologise. Onwards and upwards!

I think a lot of people agree with your thoughts but hey, good stuff and time to move on, lets hope some people here do too.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
blockhseagull said:
Don't get me wrong as i'm very pleased that Kuipers has apologised...can only be good for the club to have two keepers of the quality of Kuipers and Henderson.

However i do wonder why it has taken so long to apologise and the timing of the apology.... maybe Kuipers agent hasn't managed to find him a club and he has been forced into apologising..... or maybe i'm just to cynical.

You may not be far wrong there !

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
bhaexpress said:
I think a lot of people agree with your thoughts but hey, good stuff and time to move on, lets hope some people here do too.

Ah yes. I hadn't read the rest of the thread. :blush:

Good to have him back on board. We are going to need to stay united and I truly believe if we make some key signings we can bounce back. The players are hungry and they will have learned alot from last season.

:albion: :clap2: :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here