Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kuipers sees the light...at last

Where's the apology to the fans for running off to Boston while we were deep in relegation trouble?

He's bloody lucky to be given a second chance. Will want to see a long period from him now were he keeps his gob shut and mind focused on the job of playing for this club. If he manages that I might be tempted to give him a :clap:

At least this nails the stupid conspiracy theories that this entire row was all just about getting an expensive player off the payroll. It wasn't - it was all about discipline and respect, without which no team can properly function.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
IMO, he has quite a bit of credit in the bank from previous seasons, an apology to the manager is enough for me, unless he feels the need to wear sackcloth and chastise himself with a stick for a couple of weeks :lol:

We now have two Championship standard GK's as well, which is great.

Come to think of it the Albion tops are made of modern day sackcloth aren't they.

Last edited:

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Good news, hopefully he will stay at the club and keep the pressure up on Henderson. Shame he has lost the number one shirt, can't really see him reclaiming it because McGhee clearly favours Henderson.

I can see the FDM getting frustrated by lack of opportunity later down the track and exiting the club anyway.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Great news.

Should now mean that we'll have two talented goalkeepers pushing each other for a place every week.

It should help motivate them both as well, from the point of view that if, for example, Hendo starts off as our first choice (which he logically will do), then he knows that the pressure will be on him to play to the best of his ability all the time if he wants to stay in the team, so it should help to keep his performance level high because he knows that too many mistakes could very well see him dropped now that we once again have a good enough keeper to replace him between the sticks on a regular basis, should McGhee feel so inclined

Kuipers, for his part, should be motivated now to work as hard as he can to impress in training so as to give McGhee enough confidence to play him as/when necessary.

In theory, this should be a positive situation for both players, and most importantly of all, for the club.

Overall, I think it has to be a case of:clap: for the FDM

Last edited:

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Don't get me wrong as i'm very pleased that Kuipers has apologised...can only be good for the club to have two keepers of the quality of Kuipers and Henderson.

However i do wonder why it has taken so long to apologise and the timing of the apology.... maybe Kuipers agent hasn't managed to find him a club and he has been forced into apologising..... or maybe i'm just to cynical.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
blockhseagull said:
However i do wonder why it has taken so long to apologise and the timing of the apology.... maybe Kuipers agent hasn't managed to find him a club and he has been forced into apologising..... or maybe i'm just to cynical.

The same thought had occured to me as well but as you said, it's good for our club however it came about and whatever the true reasons behind it are, which is obviously the main thing.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
"We went on to discuss it. He was especially upset that when I left him out I did not tell him until the game, which is what I normally do. I said in future I'll try to do that differently."

f***ing good on MM. Shows he not quite the man management f*** up people thik he is.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
It will be interesting to see what happens with Martin and Sullivan now.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I am pretty certain no other club was interested in him.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
London Irish said:
Where's the apology to the fans for running off to Boston while we were deep in relegation trouble?

Dont put all the blame on Kuipers for him being loaned out, I bet the club were more than happy to have his wages of the bill for a while. He shouldnt have to apologise anyway, being dropped for that frenchy for no apparent reason at all would wind anyone up and I wouldn't have blamed him if he left.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
sir danny cullip said:
Dont put all the blame on Kuipers for him being loaned out, I bet the club were more than happy to have his wages of the bill for a while. He shouldnt have to apologise anyway, being dropped for that frenchy for no apparent reason at all would wind anyone up and I wouldn't have blamed him if he left.

The manager picks the team, what sort of example does it set when senior pros like LK and Kuipers think they can influence it by throwing hissy fits. Of course he needed to apologise and should have done it a lot sooner. He has obviously, belatedly, realised that no player is bigger than the team. He has now drawn wages for over a season and contributed very little, he's very lucky that MM didn't show him the door imo.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Icy Gull said:
The manager picks the team, what sort of example does it set when senior pros like LK and Kuipers think they can influence it by throwing hissy fits. ..............He has now drawn wages for over a season and contributed very little, he's very lucky that MM didn't show him the door imo.

LK was hardly a senior pro, REAL senior pro's such as oatway and carpenter were never very fond of him. He hasn't drawn wages for over a year without contributing. He has been on the bench for a number of games and from all these people that think thats where he should be then surely being a good squad player and sitting on the bench means he deserves to get paid. When he was at Boston I would be very suprised if the club were unhappy with the money coming in to contribute to Kuipers wages.

Loft23

Dec 11, 2004
Burgess Hill
blockhseagull said:

Either that or coming back to pre-season training has made him realise he doesn't want to leave.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
sir danny cullip said:
He shouldnt have to apologise anyway, being dropped for that frenchy for no apparent reason at all would wind anyone up and I wouldn't have blamed him if he left.

Perhaps manners aren't so important in Holland. He was disrespectful after all.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
bew4194 said:
Either that or coming back to pre-season training has made him realise he doesn't want to leave.

Maybe the missus (Kuipers) does not want to live in Boston, Carlisle or whatever?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here