Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kuipers = Headless Chicken

Brighton M

Banned
Sep 22, 2006
Lancing
He's a goalie though so the decline thing is very different. When an outfield player's legs go that's it, he's finished. Much like Carpenter almost overnight went from being brilliant to an embarrassment. Michel, for me, is playing at the same standard he's been at for the last few years. He's a league one keeper - he's going to make the odd mistake. Of course there will be a time when he's finished but he's good enough that it'll be later than 35.

Age takes it's toll on reflexes - many have said Van Der Sar isn't anywhere near as good as he was on his peak

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Kuipers has been fantastic for this club, but that should not mean he owns the shirt even when off form. He has made numerous mistakes in the last few games, and as a result I believe Smith deserves a go. That's the reason we signed a supposedly decent keeper, as competition.

As for the argument that Smith let in a riiculous amount of goals when he was given the shirt before: That is not a fair one, I don't recall any of those goals that were his fault. He was just in the team when we were a collective shambles.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Is the new lad still injured?

When we signed he was going to be the next big thing. Kuipers has been at fault for several goals in recent weeks surely Smith deserves a run if only to give Kuipers the kick up the arse he quite clearly needs.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Time to drop him, bring on the jock! Oh and also yes Smith has got a hideous goal conceeded record, but very few/none were actually his fault and to be honest i thought he looked a better keeper than kuipers except kuipers was definately doing more shouting/ ordering the defense 'go for it tommy' e.t.c, but i think thats just down to not having played all that much with them.

Last edited:

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
His decision to leave his line for such an iffy ball, that was nowhere near claimable, was dire.
FDM is excellent at reflex saves, but that example of his decision-making was awful

to have the cheek to then rant at the defense was just cringeworthy though

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I'm still not sure why we didn't keep Sullivan, he looked better than Kuipers last season, and would only have improved

Compare the goals conceeded, Sullivan's was much worse.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Last week at Bristol Rovers he made at least three magnificent stops. At Carlisle he made two saves in the last five minutes, one of which defied gravity. At Millwall he won us a point.

End of.

NO... not end of... if you think goalkeeping is only about reflex saves then you reaklly don't have the right to defend him...its like a dodo trying to describe flying. Talk about the issues that have been brought up here and try and get some of your tarnished credibility back.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
This board amazes me sometimes, he made one mistake in the game and gets ridiculed. I admit his form has been less than spectacular lately but that could be said of at least half a dozen others.

This board amazes me sometimes, he made one mistake in the game and gets ridiculed. I admit his form has been less than spectacular lately but that could be said of at least half a dozen others.

No.
When a player is as culpable in allowing the opposition an easy goal, as Kuipers was on Saturday - and ESPECIALLY when he immediately points the finger of blame at someone else - he's not above ridicule or blame.

Fact.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey

And just like any player who has been performing below par, he can be dropped. The beef many people have with Kuipers is that there people on NSC who think he should be NEVER dropped. What have we got to lose by playing Smith in the JPT and if he has a good game he keeps the place?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here