Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kuipers = Headless Chicken

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
Who is he blaming for that then?

Anyone and everyone. Some of the defenders get lots of stick on here, quite rightly sometimes, but playing in front of such an indecisive keeper has got to be difficult. If you pass back to him he looks like he will mess up the kick, and he hardly ever comes for a cross.

Don't get me wrong he has been a fantastic servant for us, but when the Dons keeper was coming and claiming Tunicliffes long throws on Saturday I couldn't help wishing our keeper did the same.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
what the f*** was he doing

great domination of the six yard box - looking forward to the usual suspects defence of him on that one :jester:

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
That is an unbelievable flap, though he was shouting AWAY, as it went in.

Think TCB was watching a different game as he commented on another thread “he did not put a foot wrong” ???

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
It really is pathetic.

Yep, pathetic for a man who's saved us countless times in games over the years, loves the club to bits and was probably only showing a bit of good old fashioned passion.

He's probably passed it now I agree, but I'd like to see you say that to his face.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Kuipers is a very good shot stopper, but since Butters left his inability to command the area is far too obvious. He never comes for crosses, never tells a defender what to or offers advice to them, and then screams at them if they make a mistake. Last year Savage started shouting at him for not helping the defence at all and everyone started having a go at Savage.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I don't need to say it to his face. It is pathetic. I've done things in football games that I deem pathetic.

Jesus, this board is so SERIOUS nowdays. You can't criticise anything anymore.

Can you honestly tell me you don't find that piece of keeping pathetic?

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Having watched the goal quite a few times I would have expected a sunday league goalkeeper to do as well as Kuipers, not a league one keeper. Recent performances suggest that although Kuipers is a very good shotstopper his decsion making is woeful, he seems to have lost confidence in taking crosses and has little command of his area. I know Smith managed a howler last week in the reserves but needs to be given a chance now for us to see what he's got. Kuipers needs to get his act together and best he did it in the reserves.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
I love FDM but that goal was a bit poor. What's the solution though - bring in Smith who let 5 in on his debut? Long hard season ahead and no mistake....:censored:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Think its time to give Smith another go. He also didnt look great in what I've seen but got to be worth a chance

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I'm still not sure why we didn't keep Sullivan, he looked better than Kuipers last season, and would only have improved

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
I love FDM but that goal was a bit poor. What's the solution though - bring in Smith who let 5 in on his debut? Long hard season ahead and no mistake....:censored:
But how many of those five were down to errors by Smith? I don't think any were, were they?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
another obvious reason we should've kept Sullivan, bad bad salde!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here